LaunchBox Community Forums

Folders within Folders (Playlists) - is this possible?

VinceF

What I'm hoping to be able to do is something like this.... primary folder is say Pro Wrestling Games.  Within the primary folder is a sub folder, say WWE Games, a second sub folder WCW Games, third folder New Japan Pro Wrestling Games, etc.  Similar idea for Superhero Games which might be the primary folder.... then I'd have sub folders for DC, Marvel, Image and Valiant.  Each of those would have sub folders so DC might have Batman, Superman, Misc DC Heroes or Marvel might have Hulk, Spider-Man, X-Men, Misc Marvel Heroes, etc.

Games that correspond to the specific sub-folders would be put there

So in BB, I'd choose Pro Wrestling Games and have the choices of WWE Games, WCW Games, etc.  Each their own folder with their respective games within.  

Is this something that can be done?

You can do this using categories and playlists. Create a category called "Wrestling Games" then within the category, you would make either regular playlists or smart playlists. For example, either create a regular playlist name it WWE Games, run a search and manually enter it.  I prefer auto-generated smart playlists - create the same playlists and under games - check auto-populate and add - title must contain "WWE". I prefer this method in case I add more games in the future and forget to move them into the right folders. I also suggest taking all the games in all the folders, make sure the genre is tagged with "wrestling" then make a playlist - "All Wrestling Games" and auto-populate it with "genre contains "wrestling".

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mr.Laor

Thank you so much.... that put me on the path to how I wanted things to look.  Now here's a question... does LB/BB allow us to replace the text with an image?  For instance, I found a Wrestling Collection playlist theme that has nice graphics but when I go into that, everything is text based i.e. WWF Games, WCW Games, ECW Games, etc.  Is it possible, instead of having that be text, be the promotion logos?