LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble screen recording big box games

Zulu

I’m using the trial version of camtasia to record my gameplay and also record me playing with a webcam. The screen record works in LaunchBox and in LaunchBox games, perfectly fine. The screen record works in big box until I start a game. It’s just a black screen when I playback the video. It still records the games sound but not the games video. Has anyone had trouble recording big box gameplay?

Just so we are clear we are talking about having issues recording the gameplay of the game Big Box launched, not of Big Box itself, correct? If yes you may need to make sure that the application in question isn't running in exclusive fullscreen mode. Applications running that way generally are talking to the vid card directly so any software that uses OS functionality to see/record the screen will no longer work. To test this try and set the game you are launching to run in window mode or borderless fullscreen and see if it resolves your issue.