LaunchBox Community Forums

Crusin usa dont work on my g920 wheel

Hads

7 hours ago, Hads said:

I just looked through the list of games that work on g920 wheel and crusin usa isnt one if them and thats why i bought it so back it goes , does anyone know the best wherl to use for this game in mame on pc?

I use a Thrustmaster wheel and Crusin' USA works. But have you actually tried. In Mame, start your game and hit Tab; you must configure your wheel on a per game basis.

13 minutes ago, Hads said:

Yes i have everything calibrated and configured in mame and cant get the car to accelerate at all i have pedal 1as accelerator 2brake , had to go to analog controls and reverse them but still no acceleration

I have just woke up, but i have the G29, ill take a look at Cruisin USA later, the wheel does work in MAME though, i have used it before with Rigde Racer and Rave Racer. So it does sound like a configuration issue on your end. As i said ill take a look a bit later when im actually properly up and not drinking coffee in my dressing gown. :)  

• Haha 1

Ok i got the pedals working with no effort at all, i calibrated them first and now i can just select the pedals in the controller options and press them to assign and they just work. The steering on the other hand is awful, wont turn either way until i get to 90 degrees, and then it seems to go to full lock, completely unsteerable.

16 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The steering on the other hand is awful, wont turn either way until i get to 90 degrees, and then it seems to go to full lock, completely unsteerable.

For my Mame games I set the wheel rotation to 270 degrees in the Thrustmaster control panel. And I just remembered, I did calibrate my controls in Cruisin'n USA's service menu. (Also I play my games with Force Feedback. Having the wheel using self-centering really improves steering.)

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

i just tried Ridge Racer, and that also didnt start turning until over 90 degrees.

Another thing I just remembered. By default Mame uses a generous joystick deadzone. Just because it is more convenient, I created a second Mame install just for Mame racing games and use:

joystick_deadzone        0.05
joystick_saturation       0.95

in mame.ini

Just now, Koroth said:

Another thing I just remembered. By default Mame uses a generous joystick deadzone. Just because it is more convenient, I created a second Mame install just for Mame racing games and use:

joystick_deadzone        0.05
joystick_saturation       0.95

in mame.ini

Ha ha, are you reading my mind, i was just looking for deadzone settings as its a massive window, so cheers for that. :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hads said:

K well i set all controls in ghub and they all respond perfectly there and went to mame and set pedal 1as gas pedal 2 brake ,calibrated in cruisin  and still nothing 

K i see that when i start crusin now the gas still does nothing but the car is rolling really slow so tjat might narrow down what it is