LaunchBox Community Forums

Crusin usa dont work on my g920 wheel

Hads

17 minutes ago, Hads said:

K well i set all controls in ghub and they all respond perfectly there and went to mame and set pedal 1as gas pedal 2 brake ,calibrated in cruisin  and still nothing 

For the pedals in MAME you have to set them two times each, at least i have had to with  the game. For example hit enter on pedal1 then press the gas and it will show that pedal set, then hit enter again and press gas again, it will now add a + after the name, (this will vary by game, Ridge Racer for example needs them to be on - not + so you have to set them three times in that case). You dont really need to do anything in ghub other than adjust the wheel range down from 900 to something more comfortable, somewhere between Koroths suggestion of 270 and 360 would be about right in my opinion. I just setup a ghub profile for MAME and changed that there, so it auto locks to 270 when i load MAME now.

699955522_2021-03-1313_33_50-CruisnUSA(v4.5)crusnusa-MAME0.228(LLP64).thumb.png.a8660223e45a36366ad9a2bf526f8b98.png

Id suggest going to your mame/cfg folder and deleting the one for this game and starting it from fresh, it should just be as simple as selecting paddle and turning the wheel, then pedal 1 and 2, which you do twice each to get the + after the input name.

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

For the pedals in MAME you have to set them two times each, at least i have had to with  the game. For example hit enter on pedal1 then press the gas and it will show that pedal set, then hit enter again and press gas again, it will now add a + after the name, (this will vary by game, Ridge Racer for example needs them to be on - not + so you have to set them three times in that case). You dont really need to do anything in ghub other than adjust the wheel range down from 900 to something more comfortable, somewhere between Koroths suggestion of 270 and 360 would be about right in my opinion. I just setup a ghub profile for MAME and changed that there, so it auto locks to 270 when i load MAME now.

699955522_2021-03-1313_33_50-CruisnUSA(v4.5)crusnusa-MAME0.228(LLP64).thumb.png.a8660223e45a36366ad9a2bf526f8b98.png

Id suggest going to your mame/cfg folder and deleting the one for this game and starting it from fresh, it should just be as simple as selecting paddle and turning the wheel, then pedal 1 and 2, which you do twice each to get the + after the input name.

I tryed setting twice and three times and it just says the same thing all the time , i”ll try deleting the game in cgf and see but im babysitting all day so get back to you later thats a bunch guys

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

it will now add a + after the name, (this will vary by game, Ridge Racer for example needs them to be on - not + so you have to set them three times in that case

*I think* this depends if you use your pedals in "Combined" mode. Then it maps the throttle to y-axis+ and brake to y-axis-. With my Thrustmaster I don't use Combined pedals. So an entire axis (both + and -) is mapped to one pedal. 

1903685720_Scherb0c73560.thumb.jpg.860fd41dc6c4b86a1fbc86441dba8542.jpg 

Im not set to combined either, but if i set them to normal or + in Ridge Racer then the throttle and brake are constantly on, it only works correctly when set to -. Cruis'n USA seems to be the opposite, set to - and both pedals are full on, set to + they work as expected. We do have different wheels though, so it could just be down to different implementations, i dont know.

1042226418_2021-03-1313_49_17-LogitechGHUB.thumb.png.910b0412fdc0c63c455c2cc2131aabd3.png

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

but if i set them to normal or + in Ridge Racer then the throttle and brake are constantly on

Then hit Tab and go to Analog Controls and set your pedal to use Reverse On. If you don't use combined pedals, but configure the pedal with a + or - you only use half of the axis. (Essentially half the pedal becomes a deadzone.)

Edited by Koroth

1 hour ago, Koroth said:

Then hit Tab and go to Analog Controls and set your pedal to use Reverse On. If you don't use combined pedals, but configure the pedal with a + or - you only use half of the axis. (Essentially half the pedal becomes a deadzone.)

Ah, good to know, cheers.

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Im not set to combined either, but if i set them to normal or + in Ridge Racer then the throttle and brake are constantly on, it only works correctly when set to -. Cruis'n USA seems to be the opposite, set to - and both pedals are full on, set to + they work as expected. We do have different wheels though, so it could just be down to different implementations, i dont know.

1042226418_2021-03-1313_49_17-LogitechGHUB.thumb.png.910b0412fdc0c63c455c2cc2131aabd3.png

Yes that did it when i reentered it 3 times till it got to - , thank you guys for all your answers , have a great weekend