LaunchBox Community Forums

Box Art Automatic + Manual Question

nicolasonline

Hello,

New to LaunchBox here. I am importing ROMs with all the standard Import Wizard metadata recommendations and think it's great.

Where I'm having issues is when I go to a certain ROM and Edit... - Images and Add a Front Box Cover manually as I have all my favorite ROM box covers to my exact specs. I make sure the file type is set to Front box cover. The problem is since there are multiple box covers (the automatically downloaded ones + the manual one I added) I am having a hard time specifying which one should be the default, thus showing up in the Library as the main cover. It seems to pick one randomly.

Is the only solution that during the Import Wizard I uncheck downloading "Front Box" and "Front Box - Reconstructed" like this whichever cover I add will be the one? Or am I missing an obvious thing?

Thank you very much

If you have multiple Box - Front images for one game in your Box - Front image folder you cannot specify which one is default. LB will only randomize them.

You can dictate whether you want Box - Front or Box - Front - Reconstructed to be priority over the other, but as with my first comment if in either one of those image types you have more than one image for a game you cannot specify which of those images is a default.

• Like 1