LaunchBox Community Forums

No Capcom Play System 1,2,3 in the drop down system Menus? New here would love some help :)

graphix2004

Looking at this program and seeing BigBox, I'm no doubt going to get this amazing app and support you guys :)

But, first I need to see I can use this front-end just like DigDroid on the Android phone.  I'm a little lost when it comes to setting up how to use the following 3 cores when it comes to CPS emulation via LaunchBox? I don't want to use the default settings on MAME I would like to use the same setup as my DIGDroid, sadly it seems the only drop down options is "Arcade" which will merge my CPS1,2,3 with my MAME which I really want to avoid. I would like each CPS1,2,3 in it's own category on the left, and hopefully in bigbox when I come to purchase it all.

A walk through on this would be more than appreciated. These are the 3 cores i would like to setup for each system.

fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll
fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro.dll
fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro.dll

I tried going to add emulator and just changing the title name to CPS1, however it seems them drop downs are per-configured per system, so it has options for them per-configured systems still.
There must be a way to add in a "Custom" drop down System and configure that to how I would like it to be per system for CPS1,2,3 surely? Not new to emulation, or RetroArch at all, but I am very new to LaunchBox...

You dont have to choose a platform from the dropdown list, you can type anything you like into the box, and when you do so a new dropdown will spawn allowing you to "scrape as" set that to Arcade so that Launchbox scrapes them as the correct platform. As for using Retroarch for them, go to tools/manage emulators and add Retroarch, and call it that as well as you will get extra options and it will be auto configured, then in the same edit emulator window go to the "Associated Platforms" tab, this is where you specify the cores for systems. As you will be using custom Platform names you will need to add them, so just scroll down to the empty cell at the bottom and double click in the Platform box and type the name (this must EXACTLT match what you called the platform when you imported it), then double click the core box next to it and select a core from the list of your currently installed cores, repeat for your other systems.

Hey! I appreciate the fast reply wow! I've done a video to show you it's easier this way. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong. If I know the issues then I can fix it for this system and then 2,3, and why isn't CapCom Play Systems 1,2,3 in the system platforms as default I mean you have every other single platform listed NEOGeo MVS EAS even systems dating back to the stone ages, but seriously no pre-defined CPS1,2,3 they are the best systems/games ever.

1 minute ago, graphix2004 said:

and why isn't CapCom Play Systems 1,2,3 in the system platforms as default

Because they are not systems, they are Arcade boards, They are simply Arcade games and nothing more. Neo Geo is slightly different in that the home and arcade systems used the same hardware and games, it is only the bios that is different. As to the games not loading, do they run in Retroarch itself? as i see you are using the 2012 core, thats obviously very old, what romset are your roms for? Also i see you named the emulator Retroarch - CPS1, thats not needed, just call it Retroarch and it can be used for dozens of systems, you dont need a separate emulator entry for every system, and because you havent named it correctly the associated platforms list is empty, if you name it Retroarch, that list will be pre-populated with dozens of systems and with some default suggested cores (which you can of course change to your liking).

Correct. When it's named RetroArch (Changing this title just stops everything working) the problem is there's no default cores for CPS1,2,3 items. There's no way to choose anything to do with CPS1,2,3?

These cores work perfectly in Android/Windows RetroArch without the front-end launching them they was designed and built specifically for the CPS1,2,3
Here's what you get for cores when left as just "RetroArch" there's nothing to choose from to pick from? If I edit say the closest would be NeoGeo and select fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll
then it's not going to launch CPS systems with that core just neogeo. And if you left it without any editing of systems nothing will launch since there's nothing defined for these 3 system boards.

Also, if you cannot edit the "title" of the "RetroArch" and you have say 20 systems using retroarch that's going to be 20 "RetroArch" titles all identical in the list how do you know which one is for each if you cannot title them uniquely?

Edited by graphix2004

1 minute ago, graphix2004 said:

Correct. When it's named RetroArch (Changing this title just stops everything working) the problem is there's no default cores for CPS1,2,3 items. There's no way to choose anything to do with CPS1,2,3?

These cores work perfectly in Android/Windows RetroArch without the front-end launching them they was designed and built specifically for the CPS1,2,3
Here's what you get for cores when left as just "RetroArch" there's nothing to choose from to pick from? If I edit say the closest would be NeoGeo and select fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll
then it's not going to launch CPS systems with that core just neogeo. And if you left it without any editing of systems nothing will launch since there's nothing defined for these 3 system boards.

Also, if you cannot edit the "title" of the "RetroArch" and you have say 20 systems using retroarch that's going to be 20 "RetroArch" titles all identical in the list how do you know which one is for each if you cannot title them uniquely?

You are really making this harder than it is, and are not understanding how things work. I have explained twice now that you only need one instance of Retroarch in Launchbox, and you than add all the systems that are going to use it in the associated platforms tab, and like i said in my first reply, if a platform isnt there by default simply scroll to the empty cell at the bottom of the list and type it in and pick a core to use with it, it really couldn't be made any simpler.

One Retroarch entry.

image.thumb.png.dad4ebfef4ac2c885fbc59d512e603c9.png

Being used for all of these different systems.

image.thumb.png.b0f78fdf84cadd9349d36a9803158a85.png

You can type any platform in the empty cell at the bottom, and pick your core.

image.thumb.png.bce5027730b12dced5be597926e23758.png

See i just added all three systems here.

image.thumb.png.92097d1e2c5e2faba2a72a3fc30177d2.png

Hey Neil, found my issue it was the, or is the "ROM" Paths after i changed the interface category from Arcade to Capcom Play System 1
It's changed all the items from arcade to the correct folder however, it's not changed the ROM path folder it's still looking for all the games in "Games"

How would I go about batch editing the path in this picture from D:\LaunchBox\Games\Arcade to D:\LaunchBox\Games\Capcom Play System 1

As for you explaining it twice, remember you've used this and probably lived and breathed it for years, I'm new to it.. That White space under the platforms is very easy missed when you don't have a clue how it all works yet.
I had no idea you could edit/input anything in that white space. There's no indication saying [Type your System here] as a placeholder or anything.

I'm exactly what it says on the tin a newbie to this certain application, so I'm not supposed to know the tricks, ins and outs like you obviously do looking at your current setup and being a MOD here,or developer.
I'm making sure this does what I need it to do, and if it does then you will be getting my paid subscription as it's worth it then. I give you videos purely so you could see what is what without walls of misconstrued text.

I was hoping for visuals back from Post 1, or even a video back how to do it, throwing walls of text on something someone's never used, or seen before they are going to get things mixed up.

found my issue.png

6 hours ago, graphix2004 said:

How would I go about batch editing the path in this picture from D:\LaunchBox\Games\Arcade to D:\LaunchBox\Games\Capcom Play System 1

Click a game in the platform and then CTRL A to highlight them all, then Tools/Change Roms Paths For Selected Games and follow the wizard.

Ah, I was using right click to find the change rom paths... It's in the three little --- drop down. Cheers. The program, and help support is fantastic well worth 20-50 bucks of anyone's money.
Soon, as I get this all setup and back'd up you'll have my dollars. Once I purchase year/lifetime do I need to re-do all this again with another version? Or will it just use a license to unlock premium etc?

I'd rather not spend the day setting up everything to then buy this program/support package to find out i have to re-do it all over. Cheers mate.

18 minutes ago, graphix2004 said:

Ah, I was using right click to find the change rom paths... It's in the three little --- drop down. Cheers. The program, and help support is fantastic well worth 20-50 bucks of anyone's money.
Soon, as I get this all setup and back'd up you'll have my dollars. Once I purchase year/lifetime do I need to re-do all this again with another version? Or will it just use a license to unlock premium etc?

I'd rather not spend the day setting up everything to then buy this program/support package to find out i have to re-do it all over. Cheers mate.

You get a license file attachment in your confirmation email. Just drop it in the Launchbox folder and start it up, nothing more needed and of course it doesnt effect any of your data.

Awesome! Thank you for all the help and assistance that alone was worth the money :) Got everything setup and working now. Had a hell of a time with boxart now showing for neogeo on some games, but decided to search for the meta name it found similar names then was able to download 1 by 1 all the missing covers. One hell of a program this launchbox very impressed. Also just as impressed with the level of support and replies back within a few hours.

Quick License question, say I did the year license and kept this up once a user hits the threshold they've paid out that equiv's the lifetime do you then get lifetime? Or, don't you accumulate?