LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom Theme Question

I am creating a very simple custom theme for Big Box and I'm having some trouble in the two different GameView ideas I'm trying to implement: WallView and the Wheel

I am using a mix of Community Theme Creator and editing the XAML manually. I posted yesterday regarding if this issue could be resolved with Community Theme Creator but the developer said it's something he might address in the next update since BigBox is also changing how it address WallView and are both in beta.

But I am trying to see if I can resolve this with XAML code or if the inherent BigBox limits how much I can do.

For the WallView I am trying to simply create a Grid (similar to LaunchBox) where all the Game Front Boxes are displayed on the page, without any additional info/data etc. In Community Theme Creator I created a WallView that spans the entire screen and adjusted the game box sizes to my liking. The problem is the first row where of the box grid starts in the middle of the WallView Frame. So since it's impossible to get around this with Community Theme Creator, I edited the XAML to change the Y-Axis value to -300 as seen in the screenshot which pushes the middle of the WallView frame where the first row starts to the top of the screen and works well. But the frame doesn't seem to display more than 3 rows at a time and or cannot stretch out to show the third row once it has been set. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get around this? I tried changing the Prop_Wheel_H and Prop_Wheel_Y values both static and scaled but nothing would extend the frame to show that last row of games fully.

Finally for the horizontal or vertical wheel, there are a bunch of platforms where I only have 2 games for example, and some where I have 50, so my question is can I dynamically set the Visible Count of games so that I don't have to manually set it as each platform is different. Let's say I set the visible wheel count to 5, if a platform has 2 games it will show repeats of the same 2 games multiple times. So can I set a variable similar to where Visible count = total platform games so that it dynamically adjusts to each platform's games? I.e. a cover flow wheel that isn't just infinite, but more like the old iTunes where if I had 2 albums it would cover flow two albums, if it had 20 it would show the 20, and if I had 100 it would show the max of 20 on screen and allow me to scroll through the rest.

Thanks

d.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

All of the features you are wanting to use in your theme are in the current beta release and use new property bindings to work. Everything you asked IS possible in Beta. Most of which has been revealed how in the beta testing thread. If wanting to pursue this path and are ok with XAML, I would grab the beta version and take a look at the new WallView's used in the beta and see if you can use them to guide you to what you want to build.

• Like 1

EDIT: Sorry finally found my answer have to update within the app. Thanks again for the pointer! Hopefully I can bring my new theme to the community soon

Wow, thank you so much. I didn't know it was a public beta, I'm new to everything here. I found the beta thread after your reply but apologize in advance for my probably silly question but cannot find the public beta download, could you point me towards it? Thanks again

Edited by nicolasonline