LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Additional Apps Feature

The Papaw

I am trying to get a bat file to run before a game runs. I have it working fine.

Then I am trying to get a different bat file to run when I exit the game. This is where I need some help. I tried using the "Automatically run after main application", and that does work, but I don't want to execute the 2nd bat file until I exit the game.

The "Wait for Exit" option is only allowed with the "Automatically run before main application", shouldn't it be the other way around? This is confusing to me why I would want to run a app before the main application, then wait for exit??????

Any help would be much appreciated.

I tried it in both v11.9 & 11.10.9. They both act the same.

Edited by Wanderer189

3 hours ago, Wanderer189 said:

The "Wait for Exit" option is only allowed with the "Automatically run before main application", shouldn't it be the other way around? This is confusing to me why I would want to run a app before the main application, then wait for exit??????

The Wait for Exit checkbox refers to "wait for the application I'm running [before the main application] to exit before launching the main application".  Otherwise, (un-checked) it launches the 'run before' and then right away launches the main app (without waiting).

What is the main application you're trying to work around? Is it its' own exe (vs. a chd, iso, zip.. running via an emulator)?  If it is, it probably spawns another program (the 'actual' game), then closes itself (while the "another program" plays the game).  And since it closed itself, that's when the Automatically Run After Main Application gets executed.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

The Wait for Exit checkbox refers to "wait for the application I'm running [before the main application] to exit before launching the main application".  Otherwise, (un-checked) it launches the 'run before' and then right away launches the main app (without waiting).

What is the main application you're trying to work around? Is it its' own exe (vs. a chd, iso, zip.. running via an emulator)?  If it is, it probably spawns another program (the 'actual' game), then closes itself (while the "another program" plays the game).  And since it closed itself, that's when the Automatically Run After Main Application gets executed.

Thx for the reply Joe.

It is a windows game I am running the 2 bat file for, LB is calling it's actual exe file.