LaunchBox Community Forums

New CoverFlow in 11.10?

In the new LaunchBox/BigBox 11.10, if some platforms have only a handful of games (less than the amount displayed on a standard CoverFlow at any one time, for example 2 games per platform), is it possible to only display each game once in CoverFlow (rather than repeat indefinitely)? (As in Image 1 Below, photoshopped to show what I mean). Image 2 shows the case as it is now. 

Thanks

1.png

2.png

When using the new FlowControl/FlowTemplate set up introduced in 11.10 by default it does the above image. You have to set the Endless property to true to get the bottom. So yes the new control in 11.10 supports your request. That being said I don't believe any theme currently uses this set up in the CoverFlow views and so you would have to theme your own to do so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

When using the new FlowControl/FlowTemplate set up introduced in 11.10 by default it does the above image. You have to set the Endless property to true to get the bottom. So yes the new control in 11.10 supports your request. That being said I don't believe any theme currently uses this set up in the CoverFlow views and so you would have to theme your own to do so.

Thanks for the quick reply. I found the documentation and it's super helpful. I do have a custom theme I used in the version previous to 11.10 and added Endless="false" in flowcontrol but as I read in the documentation "If a CoverFactory has been this set this setting will respect CoverFactory's endless property" but my CoverFactory is the default Binding CoverFactory. I end up with something like this:

<coverFlow:FlowControl x:Name="FlowControl" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch"
                    Opacity="1.0" ImageType="Boxes" VisibleCount="10" PageSize="0" CameraZPosition="4.25" Endless="False"
                    CoverFactory="{Binding CoverFactory}" MaxVerticalImageResolutionOverride="2000" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" >
                    <coverFlow:FlowControl.RenderTransform>
                        <TransformGroup>
                            <RotateTransform Angle="0" />
                            <ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
                            <SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
                        </TransformGroup>
                    </coverFlow:FlowControl.RenderTransform>
                </coverFlow:FlowControl>

Is it not working because the CoverFactory is defaulting Endless to True since it's an old theme? I tried to change the CoverFactory Endless but don't think I could figure out the proper syntax?

Thank you for all the help!

Unfortunately for the first pass of this new control you won't be able to exactly replicate what you are looking for because you have no way to rotate the boxes. To get as close as you can with the current implement (which looks more like the Horizontal Box View) you would remove the CoverFactory property entirely, add a Row property (with a value of 1), and then add a FlowTemplate with a FlowImage set to use Boxes (see WallView1).

• Like 1

Ok took a look at the Default WallView1 code that comes with 11.10 it's exactly what you described. Essentially without touching anything what you described would be leaving it as is is currently the closest I can get to what I wanted correct?

Would the "Endless" potentially be implemented in future versions to be able to get something similar to Image 1 I posted above with CoverFlow specifically?

Thanks again

17 minutes ago, nicolasonline said:

Ok took a look at the Default WallView1 code that comes with 11.10 it's exactly what you described. Essentially without touching anything what you described would be leaving it as is is currently the closest I can get to what I wanted correct?

Would the "Endless" potentially be implemented in future versions to be able to get something similar to Image 1 I posted above with CoverFlow specifically?

Thanks again

Endless isn't the hurdle in this situation, and will not be changing. The fact that you can't rotate the boxes is your current dilemma, one I would like to address in the future. In regards to how close you CAN get currently, you should be able to produce a single row of boxes with a defined start and end, if you haven't gotten to that point you aren't as close as you can get with control and it's current capabilities.

• Like 1

I do have 1 Row of boxes with a defined start and end. And it shows only 1 instance of each game without duplicating any of them (Endless = false by default). So that's good to have.

Good to know that the rotation of the boxes might be potentially addressed in the future, as it would be amazing to have the full CoverFlow with showing 1 instance of every game without it looping.

Thanks again for all your help