LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox does not sart !!

mindstorm88

Hi guys, i read a lot on the forum , but still it does not start

Freshly installed Win7 . 

No Antivirus.

LaunchBox installed without error , .net4.8 etc..

When i double click on it, nothing append, literally nothing , it does not appear in apps or services started!! no error messages .

Any ides what to try next?

You will need to make sure you are on SP1 of Windows 7 and install .NET Core (not Framework) runtimes. Even then I believe some of the dependencies of the newest versions do not play nice with Windows 7. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and so I don't see those requirements being lifted. If those steps don't work I would reach out to support@unbrokensoftware.com and ask for the LaunchBox 11.2 installer, that is the latest version that uses .NET Framework and should work far more seamlessly for your operating system.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:56 AM, C-Beats said:

You will need to make sure you are on SP1 of Windows 7 and install .NET Core (not Framework) runtimes. Even then I believe some of the dependencies of the newest versions do not play nice with Windows 7. Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and so I don't see those requirements being lifted. If those steps don't work I would reach out to support@unbrokensoftware.com and ask for the LaunchBox 11.2 installer, that is the latest version that uses .NET Framework and should work far more seamlessly for your operating system.

You were right on, got 11.2 and it did installed flawlessly on the first try . Thanks for your time !!!

11 hours ago, mindstorm88 said:

You were right on, got 11.2 and it did installed flawlessly on the first try . Thanks for your time !!!

Glad to hear. I would make sure to turn off the update checks in the options menu inside of LaunchBox. Unfortunately because of the OS you are using you cannot upgrade to a newer version than that. Turning it off will stop if from notifying you that you aren't on the latest or automatically download a newer version.

Ok now , even after a good installation , import roms, setup mame , Launchbox does not start a game.

if i go in my mame directory and start mameui64, it sees all roms and i can start a game, but if i try to start it from aunchbox, nothing appen!!! directory are well setup in Launchbox.