LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Box-art, Logos, Discs and Packs

Jonny Severn

Wow, these are some professional works right there! Kudos! I especially likes the clear logos, clean and smooth!

I've also been trying to make clear logos myself with GIMP lately, but the outlines always end up jagged or crooked. I've been able to cover up the flaws somewhat with a simple glow effect and scaling up then scaling down the logo liberally. But deep down I can't shake the feeling that it's a cheap trick and there ought to be better ways to do it, right?

So eh... what I'm trying to say is, are there some pointers for making better clear logos? Or recommended reads?

Thank you very much!

13 hours ago, prot0mega said:

Wow, these are some professional works right there! Kudos! I especially likes the clear logos, clean and smooth!

I've also been trying to make clear logos myself with GIMP lately, but the outlines always end up jagged or crooked. I've been able to cover up the flaws somewhat with a simple glow effect and scaling up then scaling down the logo liberally. But deep down I can't shake the feeling that it's a cheap trick and there ought to be better ways to do it, right?

So eh... what I'm trying to say is, are there some pointers for making better clear logos? Or recommended reads?

Thank you very much!

So you want to a find the highest quality image and use Photoshop.

Edited by Jonny Severn
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jonny Severn said:

So you want to a find the highest quality image and use Photoshop.

Thank you! These are very helpful!

So there's no other way to get nice and smooth outlines than mastering the path tools. And here I was trying to avoid doing just that. Guess it's time for me to suck it up and do it the right way.

Thank you again!

1 hour ago, prot0mega said:

Thank you! These are very helpful!

So there's no other way to get nice and smooth outlines than mastering the path tools. And here I was trying to avoid doing just that. Guess it's time for me to suck it up and do it the right way.

Thank you again!

That or the polygonal lasso tool, But cutting corners rarely works out.

• Thanks 1