LaunchBox Community Forums

Bitmap (.bmp) images not showing for screenshots, etc in details pane

MesonW

Hi,

Whenever I have a game without artwork, I tend to drag and drop an image from a web page into the Edit (Images) screen of Launchbox. While the image is accepted and shown under details, it imports it as a bitmap file and for anything other than boxart (displayed in the main view) it doesn't display it in the details pane. So importing screenshots this way won't display them. My resolution has been to open the image in some other software and save as a .png file, then delete the original. The .png file is picked up by Launchbox no problem and displays in the side panel. And as I say, if I do this for boxart it displays the .bmp in the main view fine.

Is this a known bug? Is it a peculiarity of my system? Do other people experience this (drag-drop saves a .bmp file that doesn't display in the side panel)?

I am sure once upon a time this wasn't an issue, but I couldn't say when or what version. Maybe it's possible my Windows setup or the browser can be configured to save drag-dropped files as a different format?

Windows 10 Home 64bit
Launchbox version 11.10

LaunchBox does not display bitmap images in it's right sidebar. You'll also get boxart and screenshot bitmap no-shows in BigBox depending on the chosen Games List View. I noticed this behaviour a long time ago and it's possibly always existed.
I don't often come across bitmap images and always convert them to LaunchBox friendly formats like png or jpg before adding them.