LaunchBox Community Forums

Am I doing something wrong?

Pepperami

Hey guys

I have followed an ETA Prime setup for PS1 using the Duckstation core for Retroarch

I have followed it like for like on my system, but, when he says select the duckstation libretto and click "OK" his returns to Launchbox

Mine on the other hand says this

"you've made this emulator the default emulator for the platform arcade. Would you like to update all Arcade Games to use this emulator"

WTF lol

My Arcade Games is "MAME" and I certainly do not want to mess around with all of that

Am I missing something or have I done something wrong?

You can click "No" and it will not mess anything up. With that prompt that means somehow in your Associated Platforms tab Arcade is listed and is being linked to that core.

Edit your Retroarch in LB and see what is listed in the Associated Platforms tab. Make sure there is no Arcade platform referenced and being linked to that core.

Sharing a pic of the Associated Platforms tab might help us to see if we can spot anything odd.

ok thanks I am new to trying to work around retroarch and launchbox, I downloaded the latest version of Retroarch and I cant seem to figure out why I cannot change the menus to look like ETA primes as well lol I've tried everything :)

I'll make coffee and hopefully be back with a screenshot

okay here are the screenshots lol

I actually clicked no, then it went though a whole list of "You've made this......." so it wasn't just Arcade, I clicked no to them all but there were quite a few!

No idea what I have done, also there is an error for a core, I have looked in the cores and its not in there but I am sure it was once working

screen01.jpg

screen02.jpg

screen03.jpg

Edited by Pepperami

The fact that you have Arcade listed in the Associated Platforms tab and have it set to the Mame core with the Default box checked is why LB is asking you do you want to set RA as default emulator. It is not asking about the core. It is just asking do you want to set RA as default emulator for Arcade. This typically happens when you have games using a different emulator in that platform.

Is your Arcade platform using Retroach Mame or is it using standalone Mame? Check some actual games. Right click some games and choose edit. In the emulation see if it is linked to RA or standalone Mame.

The Arcade Platform is using Retroarch by the looks of it, Mamelibretto, I right clicked a few games and they all say the same, I get the option to "Launch with" and from there its Retroarch and the core mamelibretto

It also says in the box that appears when you right click "Open Mame" and if I do that, Mame 0.213 opens up with the games listed

screen04.jpg

screen05.jpg

Edited by Pepperami

>Tools>Manage Emulators and Edit your Retroarch. Uncheck the "Default Emulator" in the Associated Platforms tab in the line with Arcade.

By having that checked you are telling LB to use RA as the default emulator for your Arcade platform, but you have all the games linked to standalone Mame.