LaunchBox Community Forums

M3U not working with Sega CD?

Dinierto

I can get an M3U to load from within Retroarch with the Genesis Plus GX core but not when loading from Launchbox.  I've put the check next to the system/core to enable M3U.  When I import CHD files into PS1 or Dreamcast and enable M3U, both work perfectly and the games load and I can change from one disc to another with hotkeys.  However while I can get a CHD to load by itself from launchbox in Sega CD, an M3U does nothing.

Any tips for what could be the problem?

Well I don't know what to say to that, because I'm loading up an M3U I made myself of Night Trap, and it not only loads but I can switch from one disc to another.  It just works from Retroarch only right now, from "load content" and not when using Launchbox's built in M3U setup as far as I can tell

Edited by Dinierto

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Unsure then. Not sure I use that core. Are you launching that m3u through RetroArch UI or through LaunchBox?

Well I haven't tried adding the M3U itself to Launchbox but I can try it, that may be a viable workaround.  I'd prefer if Launchbox's built in generator worked, but since Sega CD doesn't have a ton of multi-disc games that's worth a try.  Loading the M3U through the Retroarch UI definitely works, however.

One downside to loading the M3U through Launchbox is that you wouldn't have the ability to load a disc beyond Disc 1, as far as I know, without loading the game then changing disc

Edited by Dinierto

Reason I ask isn't so that we just NOT USE the feature (if possible) but was because I wasn't sure if you load the file through the UI instead of command line if RetroArch does some logic where it just reads the M3U file itself and passes the first file to the emulator instead of passing it the m3u file directly like it may do if done via command line.

Just now, C-Beats said:

Reason I ask isn't so that we just NOT USE the feature (if possible) but was because I wasn't sure if you load the file through the UI instead of command line if RetroArch does some logic where it just reads the M3U file itself and passes the first file to the emulator instead of passing it the m3u file directly like it may do if done via command line.

Ahh yes I get you.  No it was loaded directly from the UI.  I successfully got multi-disk games to load from the playstation (Mednafen I believe) and dreamcast (Flycast) systems from within Launchbox however.  I didn't check that an M3U is generated but it must be as I am able to use the disc navigation hotkeys.

Okay I have an update.  I was looking in the wrong location for the M3U file.  So when I load Night Trap from Launchbox it does indeed create an M3U file that contains Disc 1 and Disc 2.  However nothing happens beyond that, Retroarch does not load.  A regular single disk CHD game does load from Launchbox, however.

• 2 years later...