LaunchBox Community Forums

Dolphinbar works with dolphin but not dolphin through launch box

markwodberry

I purchased a dolphinbar and have it working perfectly in dolphin with mode 4.  My emulator settings for dolphin in launch box are just the defaults.  I have continuous scanning turned on in the dolphin controller menu.  However, button presses on my Wiimote don’t do anything when launching dolphin through launch box.  The weirdest part is the wiimote even vibrates when I launch a game through launch box indicating it should work but it doesn’t.

8 hours ago, markwodberry said:

I purchased a dolphinbar and have it working perfectly in dolphin with mode 4.  My emulator settings for dolphin in launch box are just the defaults.  I have continuous scanning turned on in the dolphin controller menu.  However, button presses on my Wiimote don’t do anything when launching dolphin through launch box.  The weirdest part is the wiimote even vibrates when I launch a game through launch box indicating it should work but it doesn’t.

This is in fact a Dolphin issue with regards to loading via the command line, more info here.

Emulator Issues #12453: When Dolphin-emu is started from the command-line Dolphin bar and connected wiimote(s) are not working, Running from the Dolphin GUI works - Emulator - Dolphin Issue tracker (dolphin-emu.org)

And in this thread.

Mayflash Dolphinbar works in Dolphin, but not when launching Dolphin via Launchbox - Troubleshooting - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)