LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot upgrade Launchbox beyond 11.8

mallaard

Hello, I'm currently running Lauchbox Premium version 11.8, and it's working fine. However, sometime recently when I try and open LB I get an error message stating that the program cannot start because another program (like dropbox) is using the file. Then LB opens anyway. Or if I'm opening BigBox the error message pops up and then I have to open BB again for it to work.

This in itself isn't that big of a deal since the programs eventually run anyway, but I've been unable to update the program the last couple times updates were available. When I try to run the update upon startup, the program closes and the error message comes up again, and then LB just goes back to asking if I want to update again, but never does. 

I tried going into the Updates folder within my LB folder and installing the updates from there, but 11.9 and 11.10 come up as being incompatible with my PC, which doesn't make sense. Does anyone have an idea why my computer suddenly hates Launchbox updates? 

8 hours ago, mallaard said:

Hello, I'm currently running Lauchbox Premium version 11.8, and it's working fine. However, sometime recently when I try and open LB I get an error message stating that the program cannot start because another program (like dropbox) is using the file. Then LB opens anyway. Or if I'm opening BigBox the error message pops up and then I have to open BB again for it to work.

This in itself isn't that big of a deal since the programs eventually run anyway, but I've been unable to update the program the last couple times updates were available. When I try to run the update upon startup, the program closes and the error message comes up again, and then LB just goes back to asking if I want to update again, but never does. 

I tried going into the Updates folder within my LB folder and installing the updates from there, but 11.9 and 11.10 come up as being incompatible with my PC, which doesn't make sense. Does anyone have an idea why my computer suddenly hates Launchbox updates? 

With Launchbox closed manually run the setup file from the Launchbox/Updates folder and install directly over the top of your current install.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:15 AM, neil9000 said:

With Launchbox closed manually run the setup file from the Launchbox/Updates folder and install directly over the top of your current install.

Ok so I went straight to the website and downloaded 11.11 and got it installed and now all is good. However Windows Defender was pretty insistent that it was a virus and kept trying to block me from opening it, so I told it to shut up and open it anyway. I don’t know why Windows is being such an asshole about Launchbox here lately.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:35 AM, DjangoScroll said:

Hello !

I have the same issue. Thanks for your help !

image.png.ff56412d25d24f2c14e2379f0ff3eb76.png

image.thumb.png.d4afaa01386e3774e4432544b5b4d01c.png

I downloaded the latest version of Launchbox directly from the website and installed it and my existing version was updated as normal, but Windows Defender tried to block me from opening the file. I told it to run anyway and that the LB website was safe to use. I hope that helps. 

6 hours ago, mallaard said:

I downloaded the latest version of Launchbox directly from the website and installed it and my existing version was updated as normal, but Windows Defender tried to block me from opening the file. I told it to run anyway and that the LB website was safe to use. I hope that helps. 

I did the same thing since the 11.8 it's the only way to updatebut it's still annoying! Hope they will fix that.

• 1 month later...

pareil!  encore une mise à jour qui ne fonctionne pas ! bref on est obligé de mettre l'adresse mail pour télécharger la nouvelle version ! whouhouuu bienvenue en 2021 ! je suis membre premium au cas ou et en plus depuis j'ai la mise a jour des donnes qui bug aussi ! bref tout va bien Bisous  

• 1 month later...