LaunchBox Community Forums

How to Remove Text from Multiple Folders

KingPizza

I have no idea where to put a question like this, and it might be too technical for these forums, but I figured I'd ask just in case someone had the same issue and knows the solution.

I downloaded a merged set of Mame CHDs via Jdownloader and Archive.org. It's my understanding that the CHD folder has to be the exact same name as the ROM zip for Mame to recognize it. For example: sfiii3.zip is Street Fighter 3rd Strike, so the CHD needs to be located in a folder called sfiii3.

But when downloading via Jdownloader, it adds the archive name to the front of the folder name, so in this case "MAME 0 225 CHDs merged_sfiii3". I would like to avoid going through every single folder to delete that text, so is there a batch script I can create to do it? Or maybe a setting in Jdownloader I missed to not include that text when downloading the files?

The easiest way to do that would be to download Advanced Renamer. https://www.advancedrenamer.com/download.

Once Downloaded, open the app and click the "Rename Folders" Tab.

Drag all of the folders to that window and in the "Add Folder" settings, click "Add the Folders" and check "Add Root Folders"

Now click "Add Method" and click "Remove Pattern" and paste the text you want to remove from the folder name. In your case, MAME 0 225 CHDs merged_

Once you do that, you should see the changes in the "New Foldername" column.

Now click "Start Batch" and make sure all of your settings are the way you want them.

Finished!

Hope this helps!

Renamer1.thumb.jpg.77030e7ebc2d2d84794dfbcf5e31d831.jpg

Renamer3.thumb.jpg.6be78413571d1a876560bb14bca153f0.jpg

Renamer2.thumb.jpg.2e9e1b5fa5cb92d3d782e29b7cb0c136.jpg

Edited by scooter1974