LaunchBox Community Forums

Need Help Please! Games Disappearing from Android Platform!

Mr.Laor

Good Morning,

Need some help. Pretty well-versed with Launchbox, but I still can't figure out what is going on! This is the second time - all my Android games have disappeared from my Launchbox build. It happened a few weeks ago (earlier beta version) and with the newest version. The platform remains with all its subfolders but all the game entries are gone. Could this be related to when there was an Android Beta of Launchbox? It hasn't happened with any other platform.

I am not looking forward to manually adding back all 100 plus games. The image resources are all still in their folders, but I still have to rename every added game to match and redo the metadata/genres (I think?). I also don't want to redo the process, and then have this happen a third time.

Any idea what is going on?

5 minutes ago, Mr.Laor said:

Could this be related to when there was an Android Beta of Launchbox? It hasn't happened with any other platform.

Launchbox for Android was discontinued a long time ago, so it's nothing to do with that. Is the Android.xml still in the Launchbox/Data folder?

Just now, Mr.Laor said:

I checked. The XML is still there - and all the data (the games) are listed as well - but I also see these files I don't recognize in the Launchbox platform data folder - Android Missing serial txt and Android BAckup xml.

Any ideas?

Have you used screenscraper? Looks like you may of. Remove those extra files and it should return to normal.

Wow Interesting!

1) True. I used screenscraper. Should I not?

2) I removed the files and now my games are back - I get it - I think - it didn't know which file to look at for the platform data - I'm assuming?

3) I used it on a few other platforms and I see they have extra files as well in the same platform data folder - but - those platforms  seem fine - not missing games. Should I delete the extra files anyway?

Thanks for the help.

Just now, Mr.Laor said:

Wow Interesting!

1) True. I used screenscraper. Should I not?

2) I removed the files and now my games are back - I get it - I think - it didn't know which file to look at for the platform data - I'm assuming?

3) I used it on a few other platforms and I see they have extra files as well in the same platform data folder - but - those platforms  seem fine - not missing games. Should I delete the extra files anyway?

Thanks for the help.

Yeah, screenscraper is bad in that regard, by default it adds those files. No program should ever be messing with files in your data folder, so the fact that it does that by default is really bad. What was happening is you had more than one file with Android in the name, and this was confusing Launchbox. There is no way to have two platforms with the same name in Launchbox, so it's not a issue there, but when you let a third party program which we do not endorse mess with your data you are asking for trouble.