LaunchBox Community Forums

TurboGrafx 16 File Types Issue (Sound Files?)

RaiderX1212

I am having some issues with TurboGrafx 16.

Using the Metnafen cores in RetroArch and import as standard through LaunchBox however some games do not work.

Also when I downloaded a pack of ROMS I note some of the games (most) have 2 files (ZIPED PCE), 1 for the game name itself and 1 for sound. None of these work whether I try to import both or just the main name version.

When I download individual games from some sources online they seem to mostly work and only come in 1 file. What do I need to do here?

See example of folder containing the files with both the game name and a sounds version.

Then the bios I use in RetroArch and the working ROMS.

Example_Sounds.jpg

TG Bios.jpg

TG Working ROMS.jpg

.pce files are TG16 / PC Engine roms but the CD-ROM System.pce ones are bios files which are required for CD based games. The cue + iso is a CD game and you need to load the cue file but you may want to make sure you have good disc images, there are a lot of bad / incompatible ones out there. Ideally you want cue + bin format from the release group Redump, those are the highest quality images out there.

I dont have a problem with the CD version, in this case Double Dragon, it runs without issue.

It is those PCE files that are a problem. I do not know why some are split between a sound version and standard game?

Like Vigilante.PCE and then also Vigilante Sounds.PCE.

What is going on with that?