LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Startup option hides cursor when minimizing or escaping emulators

Dougolas

In this post I am specifically referring to the PCSX2 emulator, but I noticed it does this with other emulators as well.

In LaunchBox, when I go to Tools/Gameplay/Game Startup and select "Use Game Startup Screen", I lose the ability to see my mouse cursor when I minimize out of PCSX2. (I play PCSX2 games in fullscreen.)

I have selected and deselected the "Hide Mouse Cursor on Startup Screens" and it only pertains to the actual moment the Startup screen is occurring.

(With "Use Game Startup Screen" not selected) I can press escape, the game will pause, and my mouse cursor is visible while I navigate my desktop or other opened windows. To return to game, I focus the PCSX2 interface and select system/resume.

Or, I can alt + tab out and the game will continue playing in the background while I navigate my desktop or other opened windows. To return to game, I select the window the game is playing in.

(With "Use Game Startup Screen" selected) I press escape, the game pauses and I see my PCSX2 interface against a blank(black) desktop. I cannot see my cursor, but I can activate links if I blindly navigate to them using my mouse.

If I use alt + tab, the game continues playing while I select another window with the alt + tab function, but my mouse cursor is invisible. I notice there is a window opened called "Launchbox Game Startup".  If I select this window using the alt + tab function I see the Game Over Screen, and the screen will disappear shortly after being revealed. Then my mouse becomes visible and I can navigate and resume normally.

Is there a mouse cursor option in the LaunchBox settings that I am missing? This is my first time using the LaunchBox Community Forum. Forgive me if I didn't post this in the right place or if I went about this wrong.

• 2 years later...