LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing ROMS/Error Downloading Data

acdcrocks79

First off, I apologize if this has been asked, I don't believe I saw it during my search.

I'll start by saying everything "was" going fine.  I literally was adding ROMS for several different systems, downloading the box art etc.  Once completed, I got the XX ROMS added successfully.  Great!  Well literally (on the drop of a dime - meaning NOTHING changed/happened on my end.  Talking a matter of minutes between a successful batch of adding ROMS to the next) the NEXT attempt I would get an error message stating " An error occurred while attempting to search local metadata database for ROM file...../// etc.) - Would you like to keep the imported games despite these errors?   I can say no, or IF I say YES, THEN I Get a crash/error (see attached screenshot) and it closes the program.  Like I said I had done thousands of ROMS no issues and then THIS came out of NOWHERE.  SO ODD.  

PS - I tried other types of consoles/ROMS to see if that was the issue - and it happens regardless of the ROMS/FIles.

image_2021-05-17_224209.png

Untitled.jpg

Not sure if you posted this on our bitbucket. If so one of our devs asked you to try updating your local games metadata. In LB Use the hamburger menu (3 lines in the upper left) and select Help > Force Update Games DB Meta. Once done try a rom import and see if it helped

• Like 1

YES!  That worked!  Thank you SO much!  

PS - I did post it (I think I did it right) through Github - so you can disregard that. 

Lastly - is there a way I can donate?  Or would the Premium service be the best way to provide support for your program and help?

Glad you got it figured out @acdcrocks79. If you wish to support the application and the dev's buying a premium license is the best way. Helps us out and gives you all the premium features as well. If you would still prefer donation best bet would be to reach out to support (support@unbrokensoftware.com) to see if they can accommodate.

• 2 years later...
On 5/18/2021 at 12:53 PM, Retro808 said:

Not sure if you posted this on our bitbucket. If so one of our devs asked you to try updating your local games metadata. In LB Use the hamburger menu (3 lines in the upper left) and select Help > Force Update Games DB Meta. Once done try a rom import and see if it helped

Thank you so much! this has been driving me nuts. OMG thanks again. you legend