LaunchBox Community Forums

*SOLVED* AHK not working as expected

ThePagel

Solved

Hello!

I am trying to open a program after retroarch opens and then close it after retroarch closes. It opens but never closes. The script works flawlessly outside of launchbox. Can anyone tell me whats up? See my script below.

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
winwait, RetroArch
IfWinExist, RetroArch
Run "..\..\Emulators\vgtranslate_server\serve.exe", ..\..\Emulators\vgtranslate_server\, Min
WinWaitClose, RetroArch
WinClose, \serve.exe
NumpadAdd::Space
NumpadSub::F4
Numpad7::F2
NumpadDot::Esc
Numpad9::F7
Numpad8::F6
Numpad5::r
Numpad6::p
NumpadDiv::F8
NumpadMult::F3
=::F1

Edited by ThePagel
Solved

10 minutes ago, ThePagel said:

Thanks but it didn't work. In fact it broke the script when attempting to run outside of launchbox.

58 minutes ago, ThePagel said:

WinClose, \serve.exe

Your original script is trying to close a window called \serve.exe.

Replace that with "WinClose, ahk_exe serve.exe".

And how did you add the script to LaunchBox?

12 minutes ago, Koroth said:

Your original script is trying to close a window called \serve.exe.

Replace that with "WinClose, ahk_exe serve.exe".

And how did you add the script to LaunchBox?

It's going off of the title to detect if retroarch is open and to close the server window. To go more in depth; I'm keeping this setup 100% portable. The title in the server window is the full path to the program. \serve.exe just happens to be the last bit. Settitlematchmode, 2 allows it to look for specific characters instead of the whole title. This script has been tested and works using ahk standalone. I want to avoid that for portability.

Added the script in the opening script area in launchbox.

Edited by ThePagel

The easiest solution would be, in the "Running AutoHotKey Script" tab for RetroArch add:

Run, "..\..\Emulators\vgtranslate_server\serve.exe", , Min
NumpadAdd::Space
NumpadSub::F4
Numpad7::F2
NumpadDot::Esc
Numpad9::F7
Numpad8::F6
Numpad5::r
Numpad6::p
NumpadDiv::F8
NumpadMult::F3
=::F1

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe retroarch.exe
WinClose, ahk_exe serve.exe
}

Edited by Koroth

This doesn't work. Trust me, it was the first thing I tried when making this script. I think vgtranslate is python at it's base. Might be why? I've ran into oddities in the past with python programs that have been packaged into exe. But that shouldn't effect my original script. I'll try adding a loop in when I get home from work. That shouldn't be needed but obviously something is different with launchboxs ahk.

Edited by ThePagel

2 hours ago, ThePagel said:

This doesn't work. Trust me, it was the first thing I tried when making this script.

To test I downloaded vgtranslate_server_v1.05 and used the following script in LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > RetroArch > Running AutoHotKey Script tab:

SetWorkingDir D:\Downloads\vgtranslate_serve_v1.05
Run, serve.exe, , Min

{
}

RetroArch and serve.exe both close when pressing the Escape key. Do you run serve.exe with admin privileges by any change?  

Edited by Koroth
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, ThePagel said:

I think vgtranslate is python at it's base. Might be why?

I doubt it.  An executable file (.exe), by any other name is still an executable file.  Unless the exe spawns another program.  You stated that your script worked outside of LaunchBox, so we know "WinClose, \serve.exe" is a good command (provided you use "SetTtitleMatchMode, 2").  So it could spawn another exe, but \serve.exe happens to be in the windows title.

1 hour ago, ThePagel said:

obviously something is different with launchboxs ahk.

No.

I think the issue is that your original script waits for RetroArch to close, then tries to close serve.exe.  (hear me out....)   If the script is in the Running AutoHotkey Script section for the emulator (which is where it should be as @Koroth stated), when the emulator (RA in this case) exits, LaunchBox closes out the Running AutoHotkey Script.  So basically it never reaches the next line of the script. Which is to close serve.exe.

Try Koroth's script as suggested where you set Escape to close RA and serve.  Just is case, maybe switch the order of those 2 and close serve first. ;)  If "WinClose, ahk_exe serve.exe"  still doesn't work, add in the "SetTitleMatchMode 2" at the top and change that line of the escape sequence to  "WinClose, \serve.exe".

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I doubt it.  An executable file (.exe), by any other name is still an executable file.  Unless the exe spawns another program.  You stated that your script worked outside of LaunchBox, so we know "WinClose, \serve.exe" is a good command (provided you use "SetTtitleMatchMode, 2").  So it could spawn another exe, but \serve.exe happens to be in the windows title.

No.

I think the issue is that your original script waits for RetroArch to close, then tries to close serve.exe.  (hear me out....)   If the script is in the Running AutoHotkey Script section for the emulator (which is where it should be as @Koroth stated), when the emulator (RA in this case) exits, LaunchBox closes out the Running AutoHotkey Script.  So basically it never reaches the next line of the script. Which is to close serve.exe.

Try Koroth's script as suggested where you set Escape to close RA and serve.  Just is case, maybe switch the order of those 2 and close serve first. ;)  If "WinClose, ahk_exe serve.exe"  still doesn't work, add in the "SetTitleMatchMode 2" at the top and change that line of the escape sequence to  "WinClose, \serve.exe".

Yup, that makes sense. I understand why that's not working now.

14 minutes ago, Koroth said:

To test I downloaded vgtranslate_server_v1.05 and used the following script in LaunchBox > Tools > Manage Emulators > RetroArch > Running AutoHotKey Script tab:

SetWorkingDir D:\Downloads\vgtranslate_serve_v1.05
Run, D:\Downloads\vgtranslate_serve_v1.05\serve.exe, , Min

{
}

RetroArch and serve.exe both close when pressing the Escape key. Do you run serve.exe with admin privileges by any change?  

I'll need to figure out why that's not working for me. That was literally the first thing I tried when making this script.

@Koroth @JoeViking245

Thank you both for helping me. Still no idea why ahk_exe wasn't working for me last night because its just fine today. I am not a fan of stealing retroarchs escape function so I made a ahk script to control when to open and to close vgtranslate then compiled it to exe for portability sake. On launch of retroarch, launchbox will now open vgtranslate_for_LaunchBox.exe instead of serve.exe.  I noticed every time I changed from full screen to windowed or vice versa vgtranslate would think retroarch closed and in turn close vgtranslate. I made a loop and added a sleep to defeat that last hurdle. You both saved me from giving up so thank you! Check out the script below.

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
DetectHiddenWindows, On
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%
winwait, RetroArch
Run serve.exe, ,min
Loop 
{
WinWaitClose, RetroArch
Sleep, 1000
IfWinExist, RetroArch
continue
IfWinNotExist, RetroArch