LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove mame games after import?

Amiiben18

I wanted to redo my Mame build in launchbox, upgrading from merged, to split. In doing so I unchecked every box like I did last year with the merged set. It turns out that it imported a bunch of hardware files that aren't games and don't have metadata (see photo). I want to get rid of these but deleting and re importing would take more than a day. If there's any solution to this please let me know. Thank you

launchbox.PNG

2 minutes ago, Amiiben18 said:

I wanted to redo my Mame build in launchbox, upgrading from merged, to split. In doing so I unchecked every box like I did last year with the merged set. It turns out that it imported a bunch of hardware files that aren't games and don't have metadata (see photo). I want to get rid of these but deleting and re importing would take more than a day. If there's any solution to this please let me know. Thank you

launchbox.PNG

Re-importing will take a minute or two if you uncheck all the media downloads which you already have and dont need to re-download.

8 minutes ago, Amiiben18 said:

Thanks! I'm gonna give that a shot. What do i need to check if i just want games?

leave the grab metadata box checked in the wizard, deselect all media in those sections. as for the mame specific page, leave everything at the defaults and just specify your region preference. checking/unchecking create playlists is up to you. That will just import all working games, which will be around 2800-2900 games.

• 1 year later...

In this scenario, do we only delete the entries we don't want to keep? I'm confused as to whether the importer will remove the entries we don't want if they're installed. If we need to delete them manually, will it keep the metadata if we delete all? Sorry for the excessive questions, I'm in the same situation and really do not want to have to reinstall this 85k files. lol