LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to change the configuration file of Xenia per game?

Nocta

Hi,

Xenia's settings are all handled in the xenia(-canary).config.toml file and they need to be tweaked for some games, for example:

- if you switch between disc and XBLA games you need to switch between license_mask = 1/0

- for CAVE Games, you need to set gpu_allow_invalid_fetch_constants = true bu tis not necessarily true for other games

Is there any way to have a per file config via Launchbox?

Thanks guys!

Edited by Nocta

20 hours ago, Nocta said:

Hi,

Xenia's settings are all handled in the xenia(-canary).config.toml file and they need to be tweaked for some games, for example:

- if you switch between disc and XBLA games you need to switch between license_mask = 1/0

- for CAVE Games, you need to set gpu_allow_invalid_fetch_constants = true bu tis not necessarily true for other games

Is there any way to have a per file config via Launchbox?

Thanks guys!

Just create different Xenia emulators for each config and point to the games accordingly.

I myself have about 10 different versions of Xenia for this reason, luckily the size of Xenia is tiny so not much space taken up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

Is that not possible in Xenia emulator itself? 

I know that in RPCS3 you can custom configure your games, thus when LB launches them it uses that configuration. 

It is possible yet it's not recommended due to the implementation: https://github.com/xenia-project/xenia/issues/1707

3 hours ago, zugswang said:

Just create different Xenia emulators for each config and point to the games accordingly.

I myself have about 10 different versions of Xenia for this reason, luckily the size of Xenia is tiny so not much space taken up.

That's what I ended up doing also. May I ask what are your different config and for which games? I could be really handy to have a centralised place where we share our settings. I personally have one config for XBLA games, one for CAVE games and a "vanilla" one but I'm only getting started ;D

For CAVE Games
gpu_allow_invalid_fetch_constants = true

----------------------------------------
For XBLA Games
license_mask = 1 

Edit: someone brought an even better solution on the github thread:

You can make separate configs and make shortcuts for each game ala xenia.exe --config gameconfig.toml, no need for multiple folders

Edited by Nocta

32 minutes ago, Nocta said:

It is possible yet it's not recommended due to the implementation: https://github.com/xenia-project/xenia/issues/1707

That's what I ended up doing also. May I ask what are your different config and for which games? I could be really handy to have a centralised place where we share our settings. I personally have one config for XBLA games, one for CAVE games and a "vanilla" one but I'm only getting started ;D

For CAVE Games
gpu_allow_invalid_fetch_constants = true

----------------------------------------
For XBLA Games
license_mask = 1 

Edit: someone brought an even better solution on the github thread:

I didn't do the configs myself, I used different specific builds from different github links that were already configured (see below)

Xenia Custom 1.12 Alpha
Xenia - (D3D12) version
Xenia - Canary
Xenia - Canary by Backgamon
Xenia - custom emoose fix
Xenia - Vulkan version
Xenia Custom 1.07
Xenia Custom 1.11c
Xenia Custom 1.11e
Xenia Custom 1.11g
Xenia Custom 1.11h
Xenia Custom 1.11i