LaunchBox Community Forums

Pico-8/Voxatron emulators

lou silver

So I plunked down $20 for both emulators installed them and gave both platforms a go. Turns out when you run the emulator it just runs it's own frontend and you select games from there. Can anyone recommend a command line that will make the games run immediately?  Thanks in advance!

I spent ten weeks compiling this set downloading each rom painstakingly copy pasting artwork and re- titling everything, I even got permission from the creator to post all this does anyone know what command line/s one could use to make the emulator work directly from Launchbox? Pico-8 launches into it's own frontend after typing in "splore" to access said frontend , Voxatron seems to just auto launch into it's own frontend  the games are pretty cool especially the remakes of other games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

try it from CMD prompt first, works fine here, but i did not use launchbox so don't know how to set it up. I know it works as i'm using it as you can see here. So must be something your doing wrong in the launchbox setup. But it looks as if it's not getting the cartridge png files correctly, also make sure your pico-8 version is up to date

Turns out I'm still learning after all these years: when i first set up the emulator, even before I added games, I put the arguments in here which I think was messing things up:

image.thumb.png.875965239abe6d94ce43eae2cd40b73a.png

I had the -windowed 0 -run in there, but after I cleared that out as shown above, it's working as it should. Thanks again for all the support.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:00 AM, bikeking8 said:

It's up to date, I just installed it. Tried it from outside Launchbox and it worked. I've tried so many combinations of command line arguments and emulator setups I'm about to give up. I see you're using Playnite, so it might be a shortcoming of LB?

i'm actually using attract mode on my arcade cabinet, playnite i only use on my main pc for pc games. Glad you got it working. Too bad voxatron has no working commandline parameters at the moment or we could have done the same for the 3d games