Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

lou silver

Members
  • Posts

    196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by lou silver

  1. All the games with artwork done up real nice two and a half months of work. Your welcome.
  2. Yeah that's kinda large I wouldn't want to tie up your internet but I appreciate the offer. Be sure to check out my Wolf Mods I went all out on it lots of artwork and extra stuff.
  3. Nice collection! How large is your images folder and would you be interested in uploading it? Not trying to advertise but you should check out my releases I've got over a dozen platforms - Wolf mods doom mods Future pinball some art and media stuff , Touhou and touhou related platforms click on my avatar and check em out. Most are quick drag and drop installs literally take seconds, I also am big on artwork everything should have a box front and clear logo and video snap at minimum.
  4. I hung my 40" on the wall in portrait mode - no regrets and lots of vertical game packs, my favorite is one that uses an arcade machine template for each game as you scroll left and right it's kind of the poor mans arcade on the fly
  5. I'd just take the movie bits (skip menus and stuff) and import them into Shotcut to make a single video file or alternately find it on the net somewhere.
  6. Its roughly $750 , artwork and xmls etc stored on the cloud and across a few hds. I keep them mostly offline and un-powered just waiting for 16 or 20 tb drives to get a little cheaper before a proper complete backup - aka "relying on the good ol' internet"
  7. JBOD ,4 years of tedious tedious artwork, adding platforms inplementing new non copyright platforms (12 dozen platforms ready to go in minutes - check my posts for links, when net speeds and hard drive costs per tb drop I hope to share all my work with the retro community...
  8. Nice!! How long has this been around? It gets rid of the annoying scroll to top after deleting a game annoyance, and a nice little game count letting you know how many are left!! We approve! ?
  9. Was more poking fun at how long from now an emulator will arrive, wish I had seen this post, I spent all morning compiling my own haha also although I'm sure I'm missing everything released this month. Perhaps you can upload your set?
  10. I got bored sooo here's Ps5!! The "roms" are actually trailers with vlc as the emulator.
  11. skip xbox (only 30ish titles even work) pony up for 3tbs of GC/PS2 goodness.
  12. Nothing stopping you from making your own PS5 platform - you'll be leagues ahead of everyone in the late 2020s when the first game sort of runs on a PS5 emulator. I can see some value in a ps5 set in LB maybe for a showcase, it'd have to be hooked up though imo- all the art, publisher info notes video snaps to be worthy I would combine video snaps with game review videos tacked on , make it something people could peruse to check out ps5 games.
  13. Ive got about 30k or so left to do within 2 dozen or so platforms - anyone have Nintendo E Cards completed?
  14. 44 Terrabytes 2x2tb and 5x8tb nearing 195,000 games see it for yourself in a fresh launchbox build Platforms.7z Playlists.7z Unpack and add to Launchbox/Data folder and start LB.
  15. First study up - watch how-to videos and learn how to play before you play Second - find an adult run server/clan with admins always playing Third - avoid the inner clan politics at all costs Apologize if you wound or kill teammates asap Most importantly - Don't be the guy that just ramble talks his little fish brain in game, crack a joke here and there and call out the important stuff like a pro.
  16. You could just import them into their respective platforms and use adobe reader, sumatra, vlc etc set as emulators in LB to run them, that's what I've done for my comic book/multimedia build.
  17. Have you set AHK to run as admin? In your launchbox folder/emulators/Future Pinball find the future pinball executable (labeled FP with a green box with an H for an icon) right click it and select properties, select the Compatibility tab and at the bottom check the box marked Run this program as an administrator hit apply then ok (you'll receieve an error in game if you dont run as admin) more tables here : Future Pinball
  18. Scdkeys has em for less than half that usually $14 on sale go with the top rated seller of course I only recommend since I've personally bought a half dozen keys from the site with no issues.
  19. Minimize steam and you can use your desktop on it, also they make controllers for your phone. I heard you can run Retroarch natively but I didn't have much luck, if anyone else has let me know please. As far as streaming goes wireless was passable for reading the news but lagged a bit on youtube , wired streaming was a dream though. While they don't sell Steam Links anymore they have a free Steamlink app which lets you turn any old laptop or computer into a steam link.
  20. I would suggest first to not make your user name your email, second check up top in image group make sure it's not stuck on something other than box fronts, I would also make sure you are shutting down launchbox properly and not through say task manager. Those are popular platforms and usually scrape very well, there might be errors in the import process or file setup etc usually it's an unchecked box here or there that messes things up - I would play around a bit on a test build see what works and what doesn't while also watching some Launchbox tutorials.
  21. Let me save you a ton of time - drop these in a new lb build in the Launchbox/Data folder I just popped 190k this is pretty much everything ever minus ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbone Look up my Launchbox 2020 (from January) post if you need platform and playlist art. Launchbox 2020.5
  22. this might be helpful if you need box fronts- I went manual mode through all 2700 titles filling in what LB missed clear logos included also but most are generic purple ones made in bulk (I'm assuming). Atari ST thanks for the share also ?
  23. I went the budget route with 4x Seagate 8tb Expansion drives (usually $119 on sale) and a 2tb Toshiba 7200 internal for LB, I game/edit on a smaller custom build on my SSD only plugging in my externals when needed as to extend their lifetimes- until they are replaced with higher capacity cheaper drives coming in a few years. Load times are tolerable and should improve once shucked and installed internally ( Im replacing my 2tb hard drive with a 2tb m.2 soon , shucking all drives and adding a final 5th 8tb). Some WD drives require adapters if shucked so research before you buy. A lot of times Ive found the contacts found on the pcb are corroded and can be cleaned with a pencil eraser I've revived a half dozen drives - especially external drives , if you don't have the special screwdriver bits you can lay a rubber band over the screwheads and wedge in a philips head to get them loose. Vids on youtube ..." hard drive eraser trick "
  24. Check this out N64 meets AI magic !! Gaming Revived 180+ titles so far Nintendo 64 Hi Res.xml
×
×
  • Create New...