LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 11.12 won't open; help please!

n8cermak

1 hour ago, Noxillio said:

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features

You should find it in there, it’ll be the one that says 2015 (or a range including 2015, which was the case for me).

Click on it and there should be an option to uninstall or repair it. You’ll want to repair it.

1 hour ago, n8cermak said:

I ended up uninstalling the two 2015-2019 versions of Visual C++ and let LaunchBox install them for me as I was reinstalling LaunchBox.  Everything works now again!

I will try out the two methods. Thank you!

Unfortunately, the two methods did not work. First I tried the repair and reinstalling LB. Then tried uninstalling Visual C++ 2015 and then reinstalling LB. I am also not seeing a Data folder in LB root or anywhere else within LB. So, not sure how to go about capturing log output.

I don't know if this helps, but here is the order that worked for me:

1. Uninstall LB
2. Uninstall (not repair) C++ (I had two versions that looked like: Visual C++ 2015-2019 x64 and Visual C++ 2015-2019 x86)
3. Reinstall LB version 11.11 found in Updates folder

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...