LaunchBox Community Forums

finding the right theme !

jlister

I'm trying to find a theme which displays at a game level, the box art, gameplay video and cart images(tapes/discs etc)  for computer systems.  My favourite so far is Criticalzone 2, but that doesn't display cart images.  I noticed that for the consoles it includes the cart in the gameplay videos.  

What are my best options for this please?
Is there an option in bigbox to display them/switch views? (the images are there in launchbox folder but don't show on the theme) - btw the flip box art switch is awesome.
Find another theme (is there a search option by content type or just searching through the themes until I find the right one
Create a custom theme, can I base it off criticalzone and add cart images ?

Thanks

James

• 2 weeks later...

I was unable to try and discover how to change the view, so I'll begin with what messy said :) I was searching for a "View" choice some place under alternatives, didn't realize it was that somewhere down in the choices menu-I'll attempt that. On another note, I saw that the crate pic for SNES Final Fantasy III shows "Last Fantasy VI", not the SNES cover/title. Is there an approach to leave criticism for the games information base stuff? I comprehend that III truly is VI, whatever, however my SNES game was surely FF3 here in the States :)

5 hours ago, john07 said:

I was unable to try and discover how to change the view,

In BigBox you can bind a key or controller button to the options for Change Theme and Change View. so in either the controller mapping or keyboard mapping section of BigBox settings map a key/button to those. Then when you are in either the platform view or game level view you can hit either of those buttons to change a view or change to another theme.

Keep in mind changing themes only works to change it to themes you have actually downloaded.

There is a Theme UI option in the BigBox menus that lets you view different themes users have uploaded to shown inside the BigBox UI. These are not all themes available as users have to actively submit a theme to the devs to be tested thoroughly before it gets added to the BigBox UI like this. There has lots more only available in our forum.