LaunchBox Community Forums

What to do if LB game importer shows fewer download options for game than website database?

Happy Horus

For example my version of Sengeki Striker for MAME had no marquee downloadable from LB, but it existed on the website database . The only way I could download it was to delete the game and reimport it and the marquee shows and is imported. But that means reassigning to playlists etc. So if not all media shows on LB as on the website databse, how can I refresh the game in LB to show all downloadable options?

• Happy Horus changed the title to What to do if LB game importer shows fewer download options for game than website database?
13 minutes ago, Happy Horus said:

For example my version of Sengeki Striker for MAME had no marquee downloadable from LB, but it existed on the website database . The only way I could download it was to delete the game and reimport it and the marquee shows and is imported. But that means reassigning to playlists etc. So if not all media shows on LB as on the website databse, how can I refresh the game in LB to show all downloadable options?

If things have been added to the database since you last scraped, you can either right click a game and go to Edit/Media to check, or for multiple games or platforms highlight the games and run the metadata and media tool and specify to only download new media.

Yes of course I went to Edit/Media, that is the only way I could find out that the marquee wasn't listed, but you can't download it if it isn't listed with a checkbox. Apart from deleting and reimporting,how do I get it listed ?

I have a suspicion that the marquee in question isn't tagged with a country version and it has to be specific for it to be listed. I just found changing N America to United States listed the marquee. So unless the version matches the media it looks like some things won't appear.

Edited by Happy Horus

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, twoshedswilson said:

Running into the same thing. Crazy Otto and Bent'y Bear's Crystal Quest on the 7800 were both missing informaiton & pictures so I added them. They were approved and show up on the web, but LB refuses to see them and continues to re-import the old errors.

when did you add them, they wont show immediately as the database is only updated server side once a day, and you also need to update your metadata client side.