LaunchBox Community Forums

update breaks xpadder

talonted68

I'm running on 11.2 using xpadder keymapper without problems.  When I try to upgrade it breaks xpadder where it will map in windows but no longer maps keypresses in mame or bigbox.  Could this have something to do with the .net core 3.1 update?  Troubleshooting?

51 minutes ago, talonted68 said:

I'm running on 11.2 using xpadder keymapper without problems.  When I try to upgrade it breaks xpadder where it will map in windows but no longer maps keypresses in mame or bigbox.

I haven't used xpadder in years but if you use autoprofiles you could check your autoprofile settings. BigBox's executable is in LaunchBox\Core\BigBox.exe. And if you have updated mame recently, mame's executable changed from mame64.exe to mame.exe.

Thanks for the replies. It's not a profile issue.  I have tested selecting profiles manually.  FWIW, joy2key doesn't work either.  I get it, I'm not looking for 3rd party app support.  However, it is obviously something that changed with launchbox to break the app so I wanted to see if anyone could help me figure it out so I could continue to use my license and upgrade and keep my setup working.  Maybe I should use the internal keymapping with launchbox.  Is that what most people are doing these days?

2 hours ago, talonted68 said:

It's not a profile issue.  I have tested selecting profiles manually.

That's what I was saying. If you use auto-profiles, have you checked your auto-profile settings. An auto-profile gets triggered if xpadder detects an application. If in the auto-profile settings the path to, or the name of, your applications executables are wrong, no profile (or the wrong profile) is applied. So again, if you use auto-profiles, have you tested with auto-profiles completely deactivated? FYI, I use JoyToKey and for me JoyToKey never stopt working.

Edited by Koroth

99.9% sure its not the auto-profile as I have the correct profile setup on xpadder on a separate monitor that I can view as I try the inputs.  Also, why would upgrading launchbox affect my xpadder auto-profiles.  I haven't seen this issue online much so it is probably isolated to my PC for some reason.  I do appreciate the help!

1 hour ago, talonted68 said:

Also, why would upgrading launchbox affect my xpadder auto-profiles.

Because it very likely isn't. In my first comment I explained that the .exe for BigBox is in the LaunchBox\Core folder. (That changed a couple of versions ago). Lots of people get confused about that location as there is also a BigBox.exe in the LaunchBox folder. And mame recently changed the name of the mame executable. If you use auto-profiles, that can be reasons why xpadder won't switch profiles. Because it does not detect BigBox nor Mame starting. Go one step further. If xpadder does not detect the application of your auto-profile, it will likely switch to a default profile. (That's why I asked you to test with auto-profiles completely deactivated). I appreciate you appreciating my help. I don't know all the answers, but it is a bit difficult as you give very little feedback with what you have or haven't done to test. BTW. I used to use xpadder myself, but I ditched xpadder for JoyToKey a couple of years ago because I never got mapping to the xbox guide button working ingame. (And that's a common issue with xpadder).

Edited by Koroth

• 7 months later...

No it has nothing to do with auto profiles.  I have the same issue.  8 only use xpadder or joy2key for daphne.  It worked and now it no longer does.  Xpadder and joy to key both work outside of launchbox when i start daphne games from a bat file.  When i use the exact same bat file launched through bigbox xpadder and joy to key do not work any longer in daphne