LaunchBox Community Forums

How can you find Zipfiles/Roms/Folders which ARE NOT being used by Launchbox?

When you have a good sized collection of MAME roms and CHDS, and some were never imported over the years, and some do not work, how can you find out what these things are? Since they're all located in the same folder, it would take forever individually searching through all these files to find ones that aren't thankyou.

5 minutes ago, dudechester said:

When you have a good sized collection of MAME roms and CHDS, and some were never imported over the years, and some do not work, how can you find out what these things are? Since they're all located in the same folder, it would take forever individually searching through all these files to find ones that aren't thankyou.

You can't really i'm afraid, at least not easily. Also unless you have a "Non-Merged" romset you cant remove anything in your romset folder as that may break working games.

Would be an awesome very simple tool then for your skillful team :D :D

I've thought about using the export/copy, changing the folder path to be the new location which will copy all games out to new location, and then simply delete the old one. Scary thought for a collection I've put together over years oo