LaunchBox Community Forums

A few issues and thoughts

Rob_G

I've run into a few issues with Launchbox and am not sure they are bugs, known issues or what.

#1 - Bigbox views do not update when for example, hiding games.  If I hide a game, it stays visible until the next time I start Bigbox. 

#2 - Launchbox issues adding clear logos.  I recently had trouble adding a clear logo to a game in Launchbox.  I would add the image, set it to clear and then exit the settings.  However the setting would not save.  I tried many times to add a clear logo without success.  However, if I did something else in settings after adding the clear logo and then exited, the image setting would persist.    

#3 - BigBox Security setting for not allowing exit when locked doesn't work for me.  I can still press X to exit.

I am using the unified redux theme.  I like it, but a few things could use tweaking.  The platform details like game count are too slow to appear.  Scrolling speed could also be faster.  Bigbox game detail settings do not seem to do anything with this theme?

Is there a way to turn off the netplay menu for certain retroarch cores and/or playlists?  

Rob  

4 hours ago, Rob_G said:

#1 - Bigbox views do not update when for example, hiding games.  If I hide a game, it stays visible until the next time I start Bigbox. 

#2 - Launchbox issues adding clear logos.  I recently had trouble adding a clear logo to a game in Launchbox.  I would add the image, set it to clear and then exit the settings.  However the setting

#1 has been addressed in the latest betas.

#2 may also be fixed in the latest betas. I believe some fixes were added to edit game screens for some similar type of issue so it may also help with this.

You can opt into a beta by going into LB Tools and in the updates section tick the box for betas.

4 hours ago, Rob_G said:

#3 - BigBox Security setting for not allowing exit when locked doesn't work for me.  I can still press X to exit.

The "Allow Exit While Locked" only adds the Exit option to the settings menu when BB is locked. I do not believe it was initially designed to override a controller mapping for "Exit". I will check and see.

4 hours ago, Rob_G said:

II am using the unified redux theme.  I like it, but a few things could use tweaking.  The platform details like game count are too slow to appear.  Scrolling speed could also be faster.  Bigbox game detail settings do not seem to do anything with this theme?

That would be up to the theme creator to tweak those settings or you can go into the theme's \Views folder and edit the appropriate xaml file for the views you are using to make those adjustments. If you are not familiar with coding you may need to some trial and error.

As far as your game details question I am not sure what you mean. The game details screen just brings up the menu for launching the game and some other details (pic below). That's all it is designed to do.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 7.23.12 AM.png