LaunchBox Community Forums

Video in wrong resolution

RobotGuyPA

Hello,

Just getting started as I'm switching over from Hyperspin. My videos all come from emumovies - but what I've noticed is when the video plays in Big Box, the resolution is wrong. For a brief instant, it shows the full video, but then when it starts playing, it's like it's showing a small zoomed in portion of the video only. I've tried VLC and Media Player. Any help is appreciated!

12 minutes ago, RobotGuyPA said:

Hello,

Just getting started as I'm switching over from Hyperspin. My videos all come from emumovies - but what I've noticed is when the video plays in Big Box, the resolution is wrong. For a brief instant, it shows the full video, but then when it starts playing, it's like it's showing a small zoomed in portion of the video only. I've tried VLC and Media Player. Any help is appreciated!

Would need some more details here. Bigbox certainly doesnt transcode any videos so what you see is what you have, unless a theme is specifically cropping a video. Maybe post a image of what you actually are seeing, as well as specifying the theme in use.

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Would need some more details here. Bigbox certainly doesnt transcode any videos so what you see is what you have, unless a theme is specifically cropping a video. Maybe post a image of what you actually are seeing, as well as specifying the theme in use.

I'm using the default theme. I've taken a video, and attached a couple of screencaps from it. In the first, you'll see what happens for the very first instant when switching to a new game - the video looks correct. It's 640x480, and you can see the whole video. The second screenshot is what happens a few frames later - it's like the video is zoomed in, and you're only seeing a small viewport into the video. 

I've confirmed by manually playing a bunch of the videos that they are all OK. 

Thanks again... 

Screen 1.jpg

Screen 2.jpg

16 minutes ago, RobotGuyPA said:

I'm using the default theme. I've taken a video, and attached a couple of screencaps from it. In the first, you'll see what happens for the very first instant when switching to a new game - the video looks correct. It's 640x480, and you can see the whole video. The second screenshot is what happens a few frames later - it's like the video is zoomed in, and you're only seeing a small viewport into the video. 

I've confirmed by manually playing a bunch of the videos that they are all OK. 

Thanks again... 

Screen 1.jpg

Screen 2.jpg

Hmm, can't say i have seen that before. If you look in task manager do you have a service called nahimic running? Its a poorly written piece of software associated with realtek audio known to have caused issues in the past.

BigBox Graphical Glitching v11.3-11.6 *Solved - Page 3* - Troubleshooting - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

20 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hmm, can't say i have seen that before. If you look in task manager do you have a service called nahimic running? Its a poorly written piece of software associated with realtek audio known to have caused issues in the past.

BigBox Graphical Glitching v11.3-11.6 *Solved - Page 3* - Troubleshooting - LaunchBox Community Forums (launchbox-app.com)

That was it! I was also seeing other visual glitches in big box - font sizes going wonky, which I thought were just issues in Big box. I've disabled that service. Thanks for the help! 

• Like 1