LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Graphical Glitching v11.3-11.6 *Solved - Page 3*

neosean99

Been looking around and I found there is a known issue with a certain DLL that is used by several third party software that is known to cause issue with WPF rendering in Net Core applications. Do any of you have Sonic Suite installed? Or if you open up Task Manager do you see a "NahimicOSD" listed in Processes or Services tab? Realtek also utilizes this DLL.

• Unusual Gem 1

40 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, it's clearly a Windows bug of some kind. @MuddyWaters79 was able to fix it by reinstalling Windows and such, but obviously that's too much of a pain to recommend to everyone. I don't know what else to do at this point. I'll update this thread if we figure anything else out.

Also I just updated to 11.6 and everything is still working great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Worst case scenario, you can delete the LaunchBox\Updates folder. Based on previous experiences in this thread, we don't think it really has to do with video drivers, though we're not certain.

Okay that worked to get be back to 11.2 without the auto updating occuring and everything is looking normal again now, thank you. Suppose I will wait until a windows or .net core update and try again on a newer version.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@RedHoodRobin64 It would help to know if you have Sonic Suite installed, or if you have NahimicOSD in Task Manager, per the above.

I do have NahimicService.exe on my task manager, however if realtek uses it I can't imagine what I can do about it since my audio set up uses realtek other than wait for an update that fixes the issue.

3 minutes ago, Kimjongilist said:

I do have NahimicService.exe on my task manager, however if realtek uses it I can't imagine what I can do about it since my audio set up uses realtek other than wait for an update that fixes the issue.

There is supposedly an update available for it that should fix the issue, according to @C-Beats.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/nahimic/9n36ppmp8s23?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

7 minutes ago, Kimjongilist said:

Unfortunately that update did not appear to fix my issue the same visual glitches are persisting in 11.6, reverting back to 11.2 and everything is normal once again, guess I'll wait for a windows or .net update to see if that fixes the issue as reinstalling windows is not really a good option for me at the moment.

Okay, sorry to hear. Hopefully this poorly-developed software will be fixed here at some point. Apparently it even causes issues with Microsoft Office. You probably don't actually need it; I believe it's some kind of visual overlay in games that they put in that causes the issue, not the actual drivers.

10 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Okay, sorry to hear. Hopefully this poorly-developed software will be fixed here at some point. Apparently it even causes issues with Microsoft Office. You probably don't actually need it; I believe it's some kind of visual overlay in games that they put in that causes the issue, not the actual drivers.

Yea that's my thoughts as well the problem is ridding myself of this demonic piece of coding... Best I can figure is to disable to service but hopefully that means I don't have to do so everytime I turn my computer on, might experiment with that and try 11.6 again to see if that fixes it.

2 minutes ago, Kimjongilist said:

Yea that's my thoughts as well the problem is ridding myself of this demonic piece of coding... Best I can figure is to disable to service but hopefully that means I don't have to do so everytime I turn my computer on, might experiment with that and try 11.6 again to see if that fixes it.

Sure, sorry to have you screwing with all of this. Wish I had a system that used it so that I could figure it out.

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Sure, sorry to have you screwing with all of this. Wish I had a system that used it so that I could figure it out.

Not a huge deal, I'm happy to help troubleshoot this problem however I can, launchbox is fantastic software that basically reignited my love of emulation and even inspired me to make a cocktail arcade/virtual pinball table, and has allowed me to have a way to make it much more accessible for my son to play the vast library of classics.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Ok so with that Nahimic service disabled everything appears to now be working correctly on version 11.6, I have restarted Big Box a few times and everything is looking great. It now definitely appears as if that Nahimic service was causing the issue and frankly I can't understand why it's on the computer to begin with when Realtek has it's own service as well and I have never installed or even had a Nahimic program preloaded on this PC before but the service was still apparently packed into my system anyway. I stopped the service and disabled it's start up so if anything changes I will update here, but for now everything is looking fantastic once again, thanks for the time and suggestions to everyone involved.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kimjongilist said:

Ok so with that Nahimic service disabled everything appears to now be working correctly on version 11.6, I have restarted Big Box a few times and everything is looking great. It now definitely appears as if that Nahimic service was causing the issue and frankly I can't understand why it's on the computer to begin with when Realtek has it's own service as well and I have never installed or even had a Nahimic program preloaded on this PC before but the service was still apparently packed into my system anyway. I stopped the service and disabled it's start up so if anything changes I will update here, but for now everything is looking fantastic once again, thanks for the time and suggestions to everyone involved.

Nice! So sounds like it's as easy as just stopping and disabling the Nahimic service? Well that's easy enough at least. Thanks for figuring that out. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Nice! So sounds like it's as easy as just stopping and disabling the Nahimic service? Well that's easy enough at least. Thanks for figuring that out. :)

I have Nahimic service but im a little confused as to what to do. i have a 11.6 build and i disabled the service and its still glitching. Did I do something wrong? I have restarted my computer and its back again so I wonder if I didnt really disable it. I wont touch it till someone helps so I don't mess anything up.

I don't have the same graphical glitches on videos, so I don't want to try any of these extreme fixes - but since the other thread was closed, I have to post here: the error message boxes are popping up for me again after 11.6 in Big Box. This happens if I use any other theme than Default (Critical, Unified Redux, etc). 

I thought this issue was resolved in the last few betas. I haven't updated anything on my PC, so I'm not sure what changed here.

EDIT: They have gone away after restarting Big Box. I don't know why, but that's good.

Edited by Mattardo

On 9/18/2020 at 8:45 AM, RedHoodRobin64 said:

I have Nahimic service but im a little confused as to what to do. i have a 11.6 build and i disabled the service and its still glitching. Did I do something wrong? I have restarted my computer and its back again so I wonder if I didnt really disable it. I wont touch it till someone helps so I don't mess anything up.

When you disabled it did you ensure to stop the service first and then prevent it's start up under the properties tab in the windows services menu as shown in these screens?

Nahimicservice.png

Nahimicserviceopenservice.png

Nahimicserviceproperties.png

Nahimicservicedisabledstartup.png

• Thanks 1