LaunchBox Community Forums

Show Button Mapping for BigBox in unified Widescreen

JacK1518

Hey, 

I have the BigBox Unified Widescreen Theme. Is there a "easy" or simple way to add buttons ('X' or 'A' = Select) like the attached picture there? But it should be always there, not only in the gameselection of a platform.

I go through BigBox with my XBox One controller (wireless adapter). 

Wheel3GamesView.png.2195695e135c0919d4f2eb4ef21524ad.png

There are no settings in BigBox that can do this. You would have to edit the theme to add/edit coding to show what you are asking for. 

Cannot promise anything but I will try and take a look at it if you give me an idea where in particular are you wanting to see it in the view?

ok. Then it´s a bit tricky. I have tried to make a provisionally picture without transparency or someting. But i dont know how it could look. Wether it makes sense there or maybe at a other place? It should be in a free place.

Edited by JacK1518

Had about an hour between conferences today to mess around. Placing it under the time does not really work well as some game logos are wider and end up under the button data making it messy. So I messed around with options replacing the time or placing it at the bottom above the scrolling metadata bar. Made it slide in when the time and/or metadata slide in and disapears the same as well.

Image looks a little squished as I do not have an ultrawide monitor. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 2.30.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.02.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 5.32.55 PM.png

• Like 1

Attached are the two views I edited and the folder with the images I used if you want to take a look at the code and mess around with it. When you edit the file look for the sections labeled for "Buttons". These are the specific areas related to the text and images as well as the movement of the elements on/off the screen.

Drop the image folder inside the theme's /Images/Theme/ folder. So it should look like /Launchbox/Themes/Unified & Ultrawide/Images/Theme/ControllerButtons

Drop the two xaml files inside the theme's /Views folder. Just make sure to save the original files so you can put it back to stock if you need to.

Unified & Ultrawide.zip