LaunchBox Community Forums

Double Input in Bigbox

JacK1518

I think it is only in the settings menue while moving. The double input is with d-pad and stick. If i wanna go up, it jumps twice. 

Is that a bug or how can i solve this problem? 

I have two xbox one controllers, paired via wireless Adapter. It is only in BigBox.

1 hour ago, JacK1518 said:

I think it is only in the settings menue while moving. The double input is with d-pad and stick. If i wanna go up, it jumps twice. 

Is that a bug or how can i solve this problem? 

I have two xbox one controllers, paired via wireless Adapter. It is only in BigBox.

Do you have steam open in the background, if so make sure to turn off the desktop mappings there.

Thank you for your replay.

Steam is not open (no autostart, except i wanna run a steam game). DS4 windows and xpadder are open. DS4 only for my two Dualshock controllers and xpadder only to close a game within bigbox (Select+Start pressed at the same time).

Just now, JacK1518 said:

Thank you for your replay.

Steam is not open (no autostart, except i wanna run a steam game). DS4 windows and xpadder are open. DS4 only for my two Dualshock controllers and xpadder only to close a game within bigbox (Select+Start pressed at the same time).

You dont need xpadder, Launchbox and Bigbox have native controller mappings and allow you to set a combo to exit games, in Bigbox the option is called "close active window". Do you have use all controllers checked, because DS4windows could be interfering as that converts dinput to xinput, which is what your xbox controllers also are.

if i want to bind the combo, BigBox realises no input (Xbox One controller "map" and "menu" button under the xbox "X"). All other buttons can be mapped in BigBox.

No i disabled the option in BigBox. Only the Controller is activated. And the DS4Windows software only starts the drivers if i start my PS4 controllers. "No controllers connected" in DS4.

DS4.thumb.PNG.2fdca8ed23767b1b48e014623a436518.PNG2118078934_launchboxControllersalsosetinBB.thumb.PNG.dca287f93e5eb00e9324be12c6138160.PNG

The image you showed above was for LaunchBox controller options. Make sure you also check the Big Box specific controller options as well.

Also, you may want to check your Controller Mappings inside of Big Box and make sure there's nothing strange going on in there.

As a test, you could also reset your Big Box settings by exiting Big Box and removing the following file:

\LaunchBox\Data\BigBoxSettings.xml

It will redownload with default settings the next time your launch Big Box.

Thank you faeran for your input! But nothing seems to work.

The BigBox specific controller options are the same as in launchbox. I have tested to check and uncheck "use game controller". 

The Strange thing that happens is that buttons "3" and "6" cant be mapped as a combo in the option "close active window" (see image below)

I removed that file, but i have the same problem. I saw an other .xml for controllers, should i delete this to test?

c19568c4-c7b8-4b5f-beec-6a7202778cba.jpg

6 minutes ago, JacK1518 said:

Thank you faeran for your input! But nothing seems to work.

The BigBox specific controller options are the same as in launchbox. I have tested to check and uncheck "use game controller". 

The Strange thing that happens is that buttons "3" and "6" cant be mapped as a combo in the option "close active window" (see image below)

I removed that file, but i have the same problem. I saw an other .xml for controllers, should i delete this to test?

c19568c4-c7b8-4b5f-beec-6a7202778cba.jpg

That other controller xml has other info in it not related to bindings.

At least now you have a bit more info than you did before. It's not related to any specific Big Box setting, and potentially could be something from outside of Big Box.

I don't actually have the same type of controllers as you, I do have XBOX 360 controllers and they appear to be fine, and can bind to 3 and 6 based on that picture. I'm assuming that you have standard XBox One controllers with a microsoft wireless adaptor. I haven't heard of any reports of anyone else having these same issues with the same type of controller before.

Another idea: If you have the ability to do so, setting up a fresh Big Box instance on another computer and seeing how your controllers react there. This will a least tell you some more info about whether it's PC or controller related.

Mhh.. i can tell you all my pc specs, but i doubt this can help you find something? 

Yes, original controller with microsoft orig. adaptor. Have you made any settings in the xbox- or other apps for your 360? 

It is crazy. Because the "3" or "6" are working with other buttons as a combo.

The Xbox "X" also don't work, but i already know that the button is not (or not anymore) supported on win10.

Ok, thats a good idea, but it will take some time because i still have to work. If i bought the licence, can i make two instances of BB on different pc's? 

Thank you for now!

34 minutes ago, JacK1518 said:

Mhh.. i can tell you all my pc specs, but i doubt this can help you find something? 

Yes, original controller with microsoft orig. adaptor. Have you made any settings in the xbox- or other apps for your 360? 

It is crazy. Because the "3" or "6" are working with other buttons as a combo.

The Xbox "X" also don't work, but i already know that the button is not (or not anymore) supported on win10.

Ok, thats a good idea, but it will take some time because i still have to work. If i bought the licence, can i make two instances of BB on different pc's? 

Thank you for now!

Yup, you can have 2 instances of BB on different PCs that you own.

I've tested the relation between the controller and BigBox on another pc. There is no double input!

I have connected only one controller. The adaptor has the compatibility to connect 4 or more. In the windows device mgr of the "double input pc", i have two xbox one controllers.  In the device mgr "without double input pc" logically i have only one. So BigBox has the serious problem to not distinguish between the two drivers for one Controller and that causes the doubleinput problem!? 

And now, i don't know how to solve that problem.. i don't want to buy a second expensive adaptor or an extra controller. There are no problems in any emulation software except of the game"splitwolf" ("sdl2" input or so). 

The mapping combo does not work either from the new or old tested system. The buttons only works separate or with another combo.

Edited by JacK1518

18 hours ago, JacK1518 said:

I've tested the relation between the controller and BigBox on another pc. There is no double input!

I have connected only one controller. The adaptor has the compatibility to connect 4 or more. In the windows device mgr of the "double input pc", i have two xbox one controllers.  In the device mgr "without double input pc" logically i have only one. So BigBox has the serious problem to not distinguish between the two drivers for one Controller and that causes the doubleinput problem!? 

That sounds positive. You figured out that it's not a hardware issue, but some kind of driver issue that you could potentially solve.

The way you are describing your issue makes it seem like you have the "Use All Controllers" button checked within Big Box. This setting makes all your connected controllers work at the same time. You did say you don't have it checked, but I'd double check that. There's not really other controller related settings that would take inputs for more than one logical controller.

However, it does sound like the longer term fix would be to vet out your driver issue and try and solve that.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

That sounds positive. You figured out that it's not a hardware issue, but some kind of driver issue that you could potentially solve.

The way you are describing your issue makes it seem like you have the "Use All Controllers" button checked within Big Box. This setting makes all your connected controllers work at the same time. You did say you don't have it checked, but I'd double check that. There's not really other controller related settings that would take inputs for more than one logical controller.

However, it does sound like the longer term fix would be to vet out your driver issue and try and solve that.

Yes, the option is definetly unchecked. The file mentioned above include the setting, right? And there are no other files?! 

Strange. Thats the Microsoft original driver and no other programs have this problem. I googled about this issue, but there is nothing to find except of pairing problems. I hope there is somebody with the same controllers who has no problems or can help..

What i dont understand.. why can a xbox 360 controller be fully mapped, while a xbox one controller can't? I thought they have the same drivers in Windows device mgr?

You mentioned above that you have a 360. Wired or wireless? If it's wireless and with adaptor, could you tell me your drivers? 

46 minutes ago, JacK1518 said:

Yes, the option is definetly unchecked. The file mentioned above include the setting, right? And there are no other files?! 

Strange. Thats the Microsoft original driver and no other programs have this problem. I googled about this issue, but there is nothing to find except of pairing problems. I hope there is somebody with the same controllers who has no problems or can help..

What i dont understand.. why can a xbox 360 controller be fully mapped, while a xbox one controller can't? I thought they have the same drivers in Windows device mgr?

You mentioned above that you have a 360. Wired or wireless? If it's wireless and with adaptor, could you tell me your drivers? 

That one file you deleted is the full Big Box settings. By deleting it you would have reverted Big Box to its defaults.

I do have wireless XBox 360 controllers with the standard wireless adaptor using the default drivers that come with Win10.

At this point, you've done enough testing to realize that it's not the controller itself, and it's not Big Box or its settings.

That narrows it down quite a bit there. I don't know everything it could be, but some things could be third party programs that could install drivers your not aware of or potentially corrupted drivers causing this duplication.

18 minutes ago, faeran said:

That one file you deleted is the full Big Box settings. By deleting it you would have reverted Big Box to its defaults.

I do have wireless XBox 360 controllers with the standard wireless adaptor using the default drivers that come with Win10.

At this point, you've done enough testing to realize that it's not the controller itself, and it's not Big Box or its settings.

That narrows it down quite a bit there. I don't know everything it could be, but some things could be third party programs that could install drivers your not aware of or potentially corrupted drivers causing this duplication.

Unfortunately, i have to live with this. I dont want to set up my whole system from the bottom up. Hopefully, microsoft fix this with a update or new drivers for win 11.. 

Thank you very much for your help faeran! If you have any other ideas, please contact me! 

For everyone who´s interested or have the same problems:

The problem comes indeed from the seperate software "xpadder". The program causes the double input, altough only two buttons have been mapped!  DS4Windows is no problem with BB.

So, i also had the problem with BB that i can't bind button "7+8", called the "menue" + "map"-Button (picture above, Buttons 6+7). The solution is also very simple, but you have to figure it out first?

Normally, you have to press the two buttons at the same time and then it works. Very fast, very easy. By these buttons, you have to press it waaaaaay longer and you have to try it very often. If it shows the buttons in Bigbox, then it works with no problems?

Thanks to everyone who wanted to help and who contributed their ideas!

• Like 1