LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox marquee not vertically centered

jitu757

Hello,

I’m experiencing an issue with marquee display and I haven’t found a way to adjust it within the launchbox or bigbox menu.

You can see from the attachments that when I am selecting a game, the marque displays correctly bit once a game is launched, the marquee shifts up and part of the top of the image is cut off. What could be causing this?

This is a test lcd which will be replaced with a 24”x6” lcd. So, i just want to make sure this shifting thing is sorted out.

Thanks!

E5A39B0C-B245-4331-8F7F-E0E19CAE75A1.jpeg

1C567544-8E6E-4E20-A506-1E075CE9B936.jpeg

84EE369B-9A69-41C6-B7C6-670688DA9187.jpeg

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

Looks like this is from running a Mame game. Does it do this when you run a game in any other emulators?

Correct, it's running groovymame. The pc is setup to run just that and I don't have any other emulators atm.

I don't use GroovyMame since I do not have a CRT, but this seems like a resolution issue when your setup is switching from BigBox to GroovyMame. I am not too familiar but I think the way GroovyMame internally forces resolution for a CRT would cause an issue with the LCD being at a different resolution.

Edit:

Looked at some older posts and Arcade Controls forum and does seem like the case. I did not dig too deeply but there were several post about trouble getting marquee screen set-up with GroovyMame.

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

I don't use GroovyMame since I do not have a CRT, but this seems like a resolution issue when your setup is switching from BigBox to GroovyMame. I am not too familiar but I think the way GroovyMame internally forces resolution for a CRT would cause an issue with the LCD being at a different resolution.

Edit:

Looked at some older posts and Arcade Controls forum and does seem like the case. I did not dig too deeply but there were several post about trouble getting marquee screen set-up with GroovyMame.

Hey thanks for the info! I was hoping it was something bigbox related that could be adjusted easily.

• 2 weeks later...

After configuring mame.ini and dropping some artwork in the artwork folder, I ran groovymame and it's outputting marquee to the second monitor. Great! now, when I launch a game from BB, the game starts and marquee shows but my joysticks and keyboard inputs have no effect. Only way I can get out of the game is by ctrl+tab to switch to desktop and then closing the applications manually.  

What's happening is when BB launches a game, GM also opens as a separate window due to marquee now being enabled. This causes the focus to change from BB to GM running in the background, therefore no joystick or keyboard inputs are being registered in BB.

Anyone know if I can use some kind of script to let BB to stay in focus when launching games?