LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't load or play SNES games through Launchbox but works if loaded through Snes9x solo application

Batapotamus

I'm pulling what's left out of my hair over this!

When trying to play a SNES game through launchbox I get a brief checksum error and then an eternal black screen but if I open the snes9x application outside of launchbox File>Open>Game it works perfectly. I can't see where I'm going wrong.

My SNES games are in zipped format and I've tried manually unzipping the zipped files.. I thought launchbox was supposed to unzip them when importing as roms but that didn't work either. The only thing I manually did was add - fullscreen to the command line so I haven't tinkered with anything that I can see.

I don't want to give up on the snes as it's for an arcade cabinet I'm building from scratch and really would like this to be launched through launchbox / bigbox.

3 minutes ago, Batapotamus said:

I'm pulling what's left out of my hair over this!

When trying to play a SNES game through launchbox I get a brief checksum error and then an eternal black screen but if I open the snes9x application outside of launchbox File>Open>Game it works perfectly. I can't see where I'm going wrong.

My SNES games are in zipped format and I've tried manually unzipping the zipped files.. I thought launchbox was supposed to unzip them when importing as roms but that didn't work either. The only thing I manually did was add - fullscreen to the command line so I haven't tinkered with anything that I can see.

I don't want to give up on the snes as it's for an arcade cabinet I'm building from scratch and really would like this to be launched through launchbox / bigbox.

There is a checkbox in the manage emulators screen for unzipping files, did you check that box for snes9x?

Untitled.thumb.png.07e4d685e290ad9f4f8cd7547d75d64e.png

Launchbox doesnt unzip roms at import, but it can unzip when launched via that checkbox, however they are not unzipped into your roms folder they are unzipped into a temp folder in the Launchbox folder structure and are deleted after. It does sound like you have something else going on though, but i can't say that i have ever used the standalone version of snes9x, could be it needs a specific commandline?