LaunchBox Community Forums

I lost 4 weeks of work due to a LaunchBox Crash!! Help!!

Soulchip

I just want to cry and die...after 4 weeks of having the Arcade turned on downloading media and all data for all the collection...it crashed at the very end when downloading media for Nintendo DS due to a out of disk space error... I just lost 4 weeks with the arcade in the middle of the room connected to the internet... kill me now.

This is the error:

20210812_215145.jpg

20210812_215147.jpg

• Retro808 changed the title to I lost 4 weeks of work due to a LaunchBox Crash!! Help!!

Are you able to start LB at all? LB crashes usually do not delete prior settings and media that have been downloaded. Are you able to see any of the media downloaded before the crash occurred inside your LB Images and Videos folders?

I am not sure on the true cause of the error in your pics, but it has been reported before and the latest beta seemed to fix the "Object Reference..." error for those of use who experienced it.

I cannot get inside launchbox or bigbox, the crash happens on loading screen and then it closes. All folders are there, I deleted some fan art folders that i never used to make space. I done this before...manually deleting media downloaded...i even did it a few days back when i discovered a lot of duplicated videos and deleted and re downloaded them .... everything was working just right until this crash happened...out of disk space... then boom...now i have plenity of space and launchbox doesnt want to start... i tried renaming some xml to xm_ but same issue... i do not know what to do. I was about to finish. how can i fix this if i cannot get inside launchbox?

OK, I think I fixed it, please someone tell me if I did right and if I should copy another thing...

I downloaded the last stable version from the website.
I installed it in another directory.
I made a copy of my current non working launchbox directory, everything but the images and videos folders...I dont have space to back up that.
I copied the new launchbox stable release over the non working launchbox directory.
I started launchbox and it seems to be working...I see all roms, images and videos but all emulators are not working.
I copied the data folder from my backup and overwrited the new launchbox copy.
I started launchbox and everything seems to be working. I think it is fixed, i-m now in an older version, 11.15...it just asked me if i wanted to update to lastest beta, i said no.

Do I need to copy anything else? Am I missing something?

No you should not need anything else. 11.16beta 1 was the version that had the "Object Reference" issue many had and it was fixed in beta 2. If you want to try beta 2 you can. If it does not work the only thing you need to do is going into your \Updates folder an run the installer for the last version that was working for you and have it install over top the current build. It will not delete or change anything. This is how you could have done it to go back to 11.15 instead of installing to a new folder and copying everything over.