LaunchBox Community Forums

control panel build question

Dubbloseven

Finally working on a build after messing with arcade and emulation over 20 years :) quick question or any feedback appreciated. I'm doing a 4 player pedestal build. How should player's 3 & 4 joysticks be oriented ?? Is the graphic below accurate?? Right or wrong ?? does it matter that much? Does anyone who has done builds have some feedback on this. Thanks in advance. Will post a picture of the prototype from cardboard I cut out of the control panel shape and size I'm going to use. The following picture is a graphic depicting the "right" or "wrong" angles that I've seen floating around arcade forums for many years. 

IMG_0179.thumb.JPG.5e0c553be11094c52b7ddfd7885fba7e.JPG1132372132_4playerCPrightwrong.png.e9cd79345772f86948f512f5c03cf25c.png

I think I got my answer from a few youtube review video's of people who review their own builds and one from a guy who reviewed his Extreme Home Arcade. [(As seen in the pic above)] The fail position being "wrong" in a sense and not feeling authentic when you're playing 4 player games. Any & all suggestions are still welcomed. Personal experience's from gamers that have made control panel's before ?? Thanks all. Have a great day. Have fun gaming :) 

Edited by Dubbloseven

• 4 months later...

@JackDaniels I decided to go with the "correct" orientation as it shows in the photo above. I'm Really glad I did. Not only does it feel correct when I tested it out and played on them. I had 3 other buddies over the other day gaming. They all loved it and we didn't run into any issue's in that way of it feeling "incorrect" or "fail" as it shows above. So I'm glad in that design aspect that I went with that orientation. Let me know if you have any other question's along the way. I will do my best to reply. Tho next week, back to reality; back to work that is. lol haha. Happy New Year Jack and to everyone.

• Like 1