LaunchBox Community Forums

Gamecube games freezing a few seconds after lauching from bigbox/launchbox but fine in retroarch?

FrostyWolf

image.thumb.png.898e587f8b48ef55967efd556ddb061e.pngimage.thumb.png.6a465b66d43e14c6d8c8c9f625680fae.png
I am running into a issue that when launching some (not all) of my gamecube games from BigBox, it freezes a few seconds in.  Usually at the health screen, sometimes right away.  It is a hard lock and crashes retroarch.
When I run the same game from retroarch directly, it works fine.

When I launch from big box, it freezes every time, but when I launch from launchbox, its maybe only 1 in 5? (on the same game)

Edited by FrostyWolf
  • Unusual Gem 1

• FrostyWolf changed the title to Gamecube games freezing a few seconds after lauching from bigbox/launchbox but fine in retroarch?

My advice is to use Dolphin for GameCube and Wii games.

I found RA core very bad compared to the standalone one.

Here my GameCube and Wii games run great with Dolphin and launching them from BigBox ( LaunchBox too ).

GREETs

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, FrostyWolf said:

image.thumb.png.898e587f8b48ef55967efd556ddb061e.pngimage.thumb.png.6a465b66d43e14c6d8c8c9f625680fae.png
I am running into a issue that when launching some (not all) of my gamecube games from BigBox, it freezes a few seconds in.  Usually at the health screen, sometimes right away.  It is a hard lock and crashes retroarch.
When I run the same game from retroarch directly, it works fine.

When I launch from big box, it freezes every time, but when I launch from launchbox, its maybe only 1 in 5? (on the same game)

Did you ever figure out the issue here. I am having that exact same issue. Works fine in RetroArch and works fine in launchbox. But as soon as I go big Box it always freezes after a few minutes of play. 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:32 AM, neil9000 said:

I concur, i find the retroarch core very buggy and prone to freezes and crashes.

Understandable, but isn't it super odd that it would freeze only when running through big Box? Any advice or anything you can think of that I could try to solve this issue, really just like everything running through RetroArch, just keeps things simple and all in one place. Also I feel like this just started happening... Is there an easy way to downgrade the software by one version?