LaunchBox Community Forums

Randomly - not all files imported

Fry

I'm on a fresh installation of LaunchBox version 11.15 and am rebuilding my library from scratch.  I have been having a problem while importing ROM files where randomly some of the files that were specified don't get imported.  I did the following: 

1. Tools > Import > Rom Files
  2. Click the Add Files button
  3. Navigate to my LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo Entertainment System folder
  4. Select all - there are 135 zip files selected - Click open
  5. All 135 files are listed in the files Files to Import dialog - Click next
  6. Select platform - Nintendo Entertainment System - Click next
  7. Choose an emulator - selected Retroarch - Click Next
  8. Click on "Use the Files in their current location"
  9. Check "Search for game information in the local metadata database (recommended)" - Click Next
  10. Would you like to download images for your games - Click "Check None" button - Click Next
  11. Did not configure EmuMovies - Click Next
  12. Check - "Force importing duplicate games", everything else unchecked - Click Next
  13. All 135 files and titles display in the "Ready to Import" dialog - Click Finish
  14. The success dialog states that 130 games were imported successfully
  15. Weird - so pull up the file explorer side by side with the list of games in Launch Box and compare to find the missing 5 games
  16. Start over at step 1 but only select those 5 files - Click Finish
  17. The success dialog states that 4 games were imported successfully
  18. Weird - ok so check those last 5 games and identify the one missing file
  19. Do it again - 1 game imported successfully

I remember having something like this happen before so I thought to try again, I deleted all 135 of the games from LaunchBox and did the process again.  Similar results but after the first round it imported 131 files and the 4 missing files were different.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Can anyone see anything that I'm doing wrong? 

I deleted everything again and turned on the debug logging option, restarted LaunchBox and did the process again.  Similar result - 131 files imported successfully and a different 4 files that were not imported.  I do see some exceptions in the log but it seems unrelated.  I've included the log file but I don't think the logging is verbose enough to give a clue as to what's going on.  

Any experts have any thoughts?  I feel like I've seen this before but my google-fu or launch-box-forum-fu wasn't working and I couldn't find anything on it. 

Thanks in advance if anyone has ideas!

Debug 2021-08-21 11-36-53 PM.log