LaunchBox Community Forums

Using xbox 360 as well as PS3 controllers on PC

panteragstk

I hope this is the right spot for this question, but here goes.

I have an Xbox 360 wireless USB adapter that works just fine for all 4 of my xbox 360 controllers.

I have a USB bluetooth dongle just for PS3 controllers and it also works fine.

My issue is that I am having to disable the PS3 bluetooth dongle if I want to connect all 4 xbox controllers since the PS3 driver emulates xbox 360 controllers.

Is there a better solution for this? It all works great, but is a bit cumbersome if I forget to enable the PS3 dongle.

Thanks

It's not an issue with the connection, it's the fact that they all are seen as "xbox 360 controllers" even though 4 are actual xbox 360 controllers connecting via the MS dongle, and the other two are PS3 controllers pretending to be xbox 360 controllers.

The system sees them all the same and will only allow 4 at a time to connect. The PS3 controllers are keeping their number even when powered off, so when I power on a "real" xbox 360 controller it automatically assigns itself 3 then 4 for the next controller. A 3rd and 4th "real" xbox 360 controller won't connect until I disable the PS3 controllers all together.

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Iirc, there is a way to connect PS3 controllers in a way that does not make them mimic 360 controllers (just with DirectInput instead of XInput). But that's about all I know; it's been a long time since I played with any of that.

Same here, but that at least gives me something to go on. I'll update if I find a solution.

Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, panteragstk said:

Same here, but that at least gives me something to go on. I'll update if I find a solution.

Thanks

I don't know if it works with the dualshock3, but you can test to connect the ps3 with a program like "ds4windows". It allows you to set the ps3 to directInput. 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:13 PM, panteragstk said:

Thanks

If im understanding this correctly, if you get this DSHidMini driver then DS4Windows will recognize the ps3 controller and you can then emulate a DS4 or X360 (but windows wont see it as an X360 controller allowing you to connect them all).

In DS4Windows HID Device Mode, the controller appears as a custom device that can only be detected by Ryochan7's DS4Windows, allowing the user to then emulate a DualShock 4 or Xbox 360 (XInput) controller as well as make use of most of its features.

Maybe?