LaunchBox Community Forums

.NET Core problems.

Tanooki_Style

On 3/2/2023 at 11:35 PM, jyoungun76 said:

This one...  https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-3.1.32-windows-x64-installer  I have no idea why you can't just post the installer link...

Thank you so much, made this account only to say this, I tried all the other ones and this is the only link that worked, for some reason. I spent a lot time on my library wouldn't like that being wasted for a silly bug/glitch, thank you, and everyone above for their efforts. 

On 3/5/2023 at 7:16 AM, flubous said:

I uninstalled all .net and launchbox
So I´ve installed from this link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/3.1
First, I installed "ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.32"
So I installed ".NET Runtime 3.1.32"
In the end - already sad by the situation -  I installed ".NET Desktop Runtime 3.1.32".
And it worked! (Installed all as administrator, don´t know if it matters)
I don´t know if you have to install the three. My guess is that "Desktop Runtime" alone can solve the problem.
Didn´t reinstalled Lauchbox in C:\ (I´m running it separatedly from eXoDOS).

Thanks this was really helpful, I thought it would be the latest 7.0 runtimes, but no it's the 3.1

13 hours ago, purplemage0 said:

Thanks this was really helpful, I thought it would be the latest 7.0 runtimes, but no it's the 3.1

.NET 7.0 isn't LTS so we would never move to that version anyway. We are moving versions soon, but are changing how we release the app so that runtime download/installation isn't required.

• 10 months later...