LaunchBox Community Forums

.NET Core problems.

Tanooki_Style

Hello. I just recently went to start Launchbox for the first time in maybe a week (I generally open it once a day or every other day) and I'm getting the following error

"To run this application, you must install .NET Core.

Would you like to download it now?"

I've tried installing the runtimes that the program links to if you select yes to the prompt. They were version 3.1.18. Still the same error.

I tried finding out which versions of it I have and then uninstalling them all and only installing 3.1.18. Still nothing.

I'm running Windows 10 on the latest update.

Not sure what else to try here so thanks for any tips I can get.

If it found something it may be worth while to try installing the dependencies again, also make sure you have the most recent version of the runtime, they just released one not long ago so you may not have the most up-to-date and so Windows may be throwing a fit because of it

Unfortunately we have seen very rare issues where Windows or the .NET Core framework get corrupted and just refuse to work. I wish we had a solution for this, but at least it's rare. There have been a couple of instances in the past where only a reinstall of Windows would fix the issue. Our apologies, but really there's nothing we can do in this situation, as it's clearly a Microsoft/Windows problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same problem. I am running a fresh Windows 10 x64 install and I have tried all the steps outlined above. The LaunchBox installer can't detect my .net Core v3.1.19 install. I've tried both x64 and x86 versions. Re-downloaded, uninstalled, reinstalled, "sfc /scannow" and rebooted.

What am I to do? I've paid for the lifetime version and I would very much like to use this software.

Edited by GrantBillington

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
13 hours ago, jyoungun76 said:

This one...  https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-3.1.32-windows-x64-installer  I have no idea why you can't just post the installer link...

The second post one of the staff did post a proper link. Please do not resurrect a 10 month old thread to provide information already in the thread. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Retro808 said:

The second post one of the staff did post a proper link. Please do not resurrect a 10 month old thread to provide information already in the thread. 

That link is actually slightly easier to use. Sometimes it's just hard to trust that MS won't change those links. They want you to link the one on top of the thread.

Something simple that fixed this issue,  Uninstall all .net cores. and launchbox  Download net core 3.1.  In your downloads folder be sure to install the core as administrator,  pay attention to which folder it installs usually Program Files x86, when you re install as administrator Launchbox be sure to change the install folder to the same folder as dotnet again in windows 11 this is Program files x86.  I think the issue is the installer puts it in your users folder for windows and the .net runtime, framework, and core are installed in the C:/ drive.  Its like the program looks for the dotnet within the same subfolder installed.  Hope this helps

I uninstalled all .net and launchbox
So I´ve installed from this link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/3.1
First, I installed "ASP.NET Core Runtime 3.1.32"
So I installed ".NET Runtime 3.1.32"
In the end - already sad by the situation -  I installed ".NET Desktop Runtime 3.1.32".
And it worked! (Installed all as administrator, don´t know if it matters)
I don´t know if you have to install the three. My guess is that "Desktop Runtime" alone can solve the problem.
Didn´t reinstalled Lauchbox in C:\ (I´m running it separatedly from eXoDOS).