LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquees work in BigBox but not when playing the game in MAME

tazboi

When I'm in BigBox the second monitor switches marquees when I scroll from game to game. Great. When I play the game it no longer shows the marquee but instead plays the game on both screens. I'm guessing this is a setting in Mame but I'm not sure what to change. Ideas?

Edited by tazboi

Hi @tazboi. While there's definitely a lot more people here more familiar with MAME, you could start by checking your mame.ini file and seeing if you have set up MAME to dispay on multiple monitors. Check a section called # OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS

It's also possible that MAME could be changing your monitors resolution, and potentially causing Windows to mirror both monitors.

• tazboi changed the title to Marquees work in BigBox but not when playing the game in MAME
14 minutes ago, tazboi said:

I set it up for 2 monitors, which is why it's showing the game there too. I don't think it's changing the resolution but it could be mirroring for some reason.

Well, if you set Mame up to work with 2 monitors that is the reason the LB/BB marquee will not show. Mame is taking over the second monitor during game play. It will only work if you have Mame settings linked to only 1 monitor.