LaunchBox Community Forums

How do you organize Hack/Homebrew collection?

xevious1974

Hi all!

Do you insert homebrew and hack in the platform they belong and then you make a playlist? I'd prefer to find a different way, I' d like to not mix with the released titles, but I'd have to create a lot of new platform (windows hack, snes hack...and so on).

any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

That's how I have organized my LB/BB:

Arcade

C64Dreams

Computers

Consoles

Handhelds

My Favourites

Playlists:

---- Collections 

---Developers

---Genres

---Most played

---Recently Played

---Most Played

---Top 100

-- (AND I was thinking to insert here Hack and Homebrew games)

If you don't want the hacks/homebrews mixed, or combined with the original releases as additional applications then a new platform makes the most sense in you scenario. I don't personally play with hacks or homebrews but almost all the users I've seen do it and want things separate have just imported them into their own platform. I have translations, but I stick them in with the rest of the general releases.

thank you for your reply!

When you mix your translations with the original releases, you can scrape the title with his original platform, and that it is a good thing. If I put hacks in another "drawer" I cannot scrape the games if I mix hacks from different platforms, I suppose.

Have you combined togheter the translation with the original rom or you let them separeted? Combined are not a problems for media, but maybe you/I can forget which roms (translated/hacked) I have.
If I hide a rom in a platform can I recover it visible in a playlist?

I have found some remakes, like "Io" and "wizball" (C64) and I have seen some sound enhanced roms for SNES. I think I can put togheter something like 20-50 roms, not more. So I have thought to put them in the same category...but they are from different platform and that makes thing hard.

Sorry, I didn't mean that most had a SINGLE platform for hacked games, simply that for each platform they have hacks for, they also have a "hacks only" platform created. For example if you're running SNES hacks you would have both "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" platform and a "Super Nintendo Entertainment System Hacks" platform (with scrape as set to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System")

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Sorry, I didn't mean that most had a SINGLE platform for hacked games, simply that for each platform they have hacks for, they also have a "hacks only" platform created. For example if you're running SNES hacks you would have both "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" platform and a "Super Nintendo Entertainment System Hacks" platform (with scrape as set to "Super Nintendo Entertainment System")

Oh, right! Sorry, I didn't understand that.

And I think it is the only rational solution.

I'll create the Hack "for each platoform" But I'll not show it in the BB setup. Instead I'll create a playlist with all the hacks inside.

Thank you a lot, I didnt thought this, thank you very much!