LaunchBox Community Forums

What OS are you using and recommend

NNEMO

10, it has everything you need with mature drivers and libraries such as .NET and Direct X12.

I would not recommend going to 11 yet, it hasn't even been officially released and drivers are still being developed. Give it about a year or so and then upgrade if there is a compelling reason to. Windows 10 won't obsoleted for a few more years at the minimum.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

10, it has everything you need with mature drivers and libraries such as .NET and Direct X12.

I would not recommend going to 11 yet, it hasn't even been officially released and drivers are still being developed. Give it about a year or so and then upgrade if there is a compelling reason to. Windows 10 won't obsoleted for a few more years at the minimum.

Thank you quick response, I love win7, but there is alot of compatibility issues im having, Im not really sure whats going on.

Should I just wipe the drive and install win 10?

I have a large 30k game library i need to move, what is the best route for me to tak? plz help

I loved Win7 as well but 10 really is better now.

A fresh install is always recommended when it comes to upgrading the OS but it's not always necessary. Sometimes it works without issues but other times it can be a bit problematic.

As for the large library to move i'd suggest getting a big hard drive and transfer everything to that which you can either use in the PC or keep as an external backup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

I loved Win7 as well but 10 really is better now.

A fresh install is always recommended when it comes to upgrading the OS but it's not always necessary. Sometimes it works without issues but other times it can be a bit problematic.

As for the large library to move i'd suggest getting a big hard drive and transfer everything to that which you can either use in the PC or keep as an external backup.

sounds good, thank you monkus

• 5 months later...