LaunchBox Community Forums

Which build should I use?

Mandarynek

Hi, 

I tried few build from the web and I wasn't happy with them. So I decided to bulid by myself. Two days later I was sure that was bad idea. I have palms disability and it's difficult for me to do everything by myself. So I've back to ready builds but I'm still not satisfied. Many of them are not updated so you need to do this to have latest for example mame. 

I saw few commercial builds on ebay or on but I don't know how often it's updated and I can't test quality before I pay. 

I wondering why community not done one build, which will be updated by few experts? I can pay for it. Just create patron and I think you will easy find more people like me, who just want to play and don't have second life to update and configure everything. 

My English is not perfect but I hope you can understand my point of view. 

Thank you very much 

8 minutes ago, Mandarynek said:

I wondering why community not done one build, which will be updated by few experts?

Because downloading roms you do not have the rights to is hugely illegal, and people selling actual builds with roms is even more illegal, that is literally risking prison time. As a legitimate business we do not condone or endorse any builds you find online, they are not associated with us in any way, and we will not offer support for them in any way.

I also edited your post to remove the link to someone illegally selling our software and roms.

19 minutes ago, Mandarynek said:

I didn't know that. So there is no way to bulid configured launchbox without roms with guide where you must copy roms? 

Well that is basically what creating your own build is, put roms somewhere, tell Launchbox that location and what platform they are for, and let Launchbox take care of importing them and downloading metadata/media for them, it really is very straight forward. The problem with a pre-built build without roms is the naming, unless every single one of your roms is named EXACTLY the same as the person's who set it up, then you are gonna have a ton of names that do not match and therefore do not run. Also you would likely have a ton of systems showing, and with games in them, that you simply dont have roms for, so again, wont launch. It really isnt feasible at all.