LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox suddenly reads GBA pokemon roms as duplicates

KingSlayer937

Having a weird issue where launchbox claims that i have duplicate roms when i know for a fact that i do not. When entering audit mode for my GBA titles it registers all the pokemon games as duplicates, even though you can see in my attached thumbnail that they are not. I cannot uncheck the duplicate checkbox, i cannot reimport them after deleting them (unless force duplicates is checked of course). It did not do this previously btw, i just revised that platform maybe 6 months ago...ish. Guess what im asking is, there a way to fix this? I read another kinda old thread about this issue and all they said was manually edit it? what does that mean? I posted a screenshot of my GBA platform audit list, sorted so all duplicates are visible at the top.

Untitled.png

Duplicates are marked as such if any of the following conditions are met:

You have another game in your library (doesn't have to be in the same platform) using the same LaunchBox Database Game ID as the game in question
You have another game in your library (doesn't have to be in the same platform) using the same exact file as the game in question
You have another game in your library, in the same platform, using the same name/title as the game in question

Can you confirm none of these are true?

23 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Duplicates are marked as such if any of the following conditions are met:

You have another game in your library (doesn't have to be in the same platform) using the same LaunchBox Database Game ID as the game in question
You have another game in your library (doesn't have to be in the same platform) using the same exact file as the game in question
You have another game in your library, in the same platform, using the same name/title as the game in question

Can you confirm none of these are true?

1. I can confirm i do not have any other games from any platform using the pokemon game ids from the LB database. I never mash them, its either got a ID for that game for that platform or i leave the LB ID blank and i fill in the info myself.

2. I can confirm that i do not have that file added anywhere besides additional apps. I have them added as additional apps for select titles i should say. For example in the gamecube platform, pokemon box/revolution both have additional apps linked to the pokemon games they support. Sometimes with their own emu (if compatible with only said version, etc). When i do this i use same settings, add said pokemon game as additional app, use retroarch as the emu, give it a name, done. Its never added through the importer.

3. I can confirm that there are no other duplicate pokemon games in my GBA platform list using the same titles, no mods added its strictly a additional app install with those i hate finding the art and info for all those mods and such. I only have 6 pokemon games for GBA, one is pinball. They show as they should in LB. Just flagged as duplicates in the audit menu.

I noticed rocketlaucher registered them that way too, but it makes sense since it reads the launchbox xml files. I used to load the pokemon games in another fahsion though, maybe thats what caused this? Previously, when i first started setting up my launchbox i noticed a save file compatibility issue within the different emus for gba, so i used different core for loading those 5 games being marked. I did that by pointing the rom path to retroarch.exe, and adding the corresponding cmd line stuff to use vba as the core for those games. That way i had a sav file for those games, which i needed in a specific format to be compatible with pokemon box/ revolution etc. well i realized later when i got to revising that platform that i could do it in a more organized fashion and changed the rom paths back to the actual roms. I did that months ago though....and they didnt flag as duplicates when i changed it.

Edited by KingSlayer937

I dont think i even have any of those games added as additional apps actually now that i checked, those gba roms get loaded automatically when i load doplhin. Theres really no reason at all for those to be flagged as duplicates. Theres some other games that i do load that way, not these pokemon games though...im stumped.

Edited by KingSlayer937

5 minutes ago, KingSlayer937 said:

I dont think i even have any of those games added as additional apps actually now that i checked, those gba roms get loaded automatically when i load doplhin. Theres really no reason at all for those to be flagged as duplicates. Theres some other games that i do load that way, not these pokemon games though...im stumped.

Can I get ya to zip up your data folder and PM it to me? I'll take a look as I get time. Can't promise I can get to it right away, but be nice to find the cause.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Can I get ya to zip up your data folder and PM it to me? I'll take a look as I get time. Can't promise I can get to it right away, but be nice to find the cause.

I found it sir, It counts additional apps as duplicates. Wasnt there before because i revised the Gamecube stuff last month. I had a additional app for each of those games for pokemon channel for some reason and it slipped past my view there. once i removed the additional apps for fire red from the gamecube pokemon games, it no longer was red in audit menu. Thanks for clearing that up c-beats i didnt realize there was a couple forms of logic for duplicates. Guess ill just have to deal with the red lines for now but at least i know its just because of the additional apps. thanks for the help

Edited by KingSlayer937

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Cool, glad ya got it sorted out. I left a note for myself to take a look at that audit menu. May be worthwhile if we can get a hover over tooltip to display saying WHY the item is flagged as a duplicate to help with instances like this.

i would have to admit something like that would have been useful this morning haha. None the less it wasnt headache inducing just thought i had some xml corruption because i couldnt find any duplicates.